I acquired 3 pullets(Buckeye, Barred Holland, & Black Austrlorp). I have no clue how old they are. Can Anyone help? Here is a pic of the first 2, I'll add one of the australorp soon as I get a good pic. If better pics would be helpful let me know. Thanks for the help.
Related Forum Threads
- Rate Chicken Breeds Last post on 12/14/11 at 4:50pm in Games, Jokes, and Fun!
- Newbie Last post on 8/9/12 at 1:57am in Breeds, Genetics, & Showing
- Crossing Black Australorp Rooster x Splash Orpington Hen = All Blue chicks??? Last post on 8/2/13 at 10:17pm in Breeds, Genetics, & Showing
- Help with sexing a blue australorp Last post on 5/23/13 at 9:07am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- looking for opinions on breeds Last post on 11/1/13 at 10:12pm in Breeds, Genetics, & Showing
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
- Holland The Holland Can Be Either Barred Or WhiteLast edited: 6/26/12
- Buckeye BuckeyeLast edited: 1/10/12
We initially had two, Henrietta and Harriet, unfortunately Henrietta was a bit of a wonderer and got hit by a car It was a real blow as they made a lovely pair. Would recommend to anyone who...
Love these! My chickens adore them, except one hen. They are great for an extra bit of protein. They helped in taming some of the more feral birds and got them perching on my shoulders and arms....
I love this block. Each time its on sale I pick one up. If you have birds in a run all day or part of the day, its a great boredom cure. They can over-eat it though. If you get a lot of ran water...
Only had my point-of-lay White Star for a couple of months, but she's fast become a favourite! Bags of personality. She's had her wings clipped but she still manages to get up on things my other...
I generally hatch all under broody hens but my friend brought this incubator over after she lost 3 batches of hatching eggs that rotted and cooked in the incubator. The problem with hers was the...
Help me age my flock!
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #2 of 511/17/11 at 6:43ampost #3 of 511/17/11 at 6:51am
Nope, not six months, both are much younger. Closer to 14 weeks on the barred pullet and 16-18 weeks on the Buckeye, (possible production red bird?). Is that a rose comb on the Buckeye?
Practicing Sustainable Agriculture At The 45th Parallel
Practicing Sustainable Agriculture At The 45th Parallelpost #4 of 511/17/11 at 6:52am
I would guess close to 5 months. Faces are read but combs are small yet. Should be laying soon in my opinion.
- Farm Daze
- › HELP ASAP!! 5 seconds ago
- › Pennsylvania!! Unite!! 52 seconds ago
- › Michigan Thread - all are welcome! 54 seconds ago
- › NY chicken lover!!!! 59 seconds ago
- › Fermenting Feed for Meat Birds 1 minute ago
- › my one day old quails are dying 1 minute ago
- › A New Life ~RP~ 1 minute ago
- › New Member from Kenya 1 minute ago
- › The Old Folks Home 1 minute ago
- › do birds molt in this cold? 1 minute ago
- › Cornish by Jersey101
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy by Shalom Farm
- › Land O'Lakes Purina Sunfresh Flock Block Pet Food by Shalom Farm
- › White Star Hybrid by Libbynugget
- › Hova Bator Egg Incubator 1602N with Circulated Air Fan Kit by Shalom Farm
- › Plastic 1 Quart Jar Feeder by Shalom Farm
- › Farm Innovators "All-Seasons" Heated Plastic Poultry... by reckless
- › Easter Eggers by turtleguy
- › Icelandic or Viking Hen by tommysgirl
- › Wyandotte by chickenboy190
- › hh by itlog
- › Fort Cluckins by Idess
- › Cluckitall's coronation sussex by cluckitall
- › My Chickens1 by ChicknsRock
- › The hen that liked to hitch hike by Boondocks Farm
- › How much room do chickens need by Nifty-Chicken
- › Egg peritonitis is NOT incurable! Soft... by Luvmy9hens
- › Emu Hatch Fall 2013 to Spring 2014 by yinepu
- › Cold Weather Brooder / Coop by Lancaster KY
- › Cold Weather Brooder / Coop Tour by Lancaster KY