Which chicken is the best breed?
I vote Barred Rock
Related Forum Threads
- Which one of these is most freindly/ your favorite? Last post on 5/3/13 at 4:33pm in Breeds, Genetics, & Showing
- looking for opinions on breeds Last post on 3/3/13 at 8:41am in Breeds, Genetics, & Showing
- Black Langshan? Cochin X Australorp? Help me ID my new hen, please? :) Last post on 5/16/13 at 11:29am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- what breed are my laying hens?!?!?!?! Last post on 4/23/13 at 12:16pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help with breed and sex Last post on 2/6/12 at 10:02am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
Edited on 1/23/12
- The ComedihensEdited on 4/25/13
- OrpingtonEdited on 9/20/08
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsEdited on 6/27/11
- Wyandotte Silver Laced Wyandotte By Cat1994Edited on 1/10/12
I wasn't sure I'd like them but have found them to be attractive and friendly so far. Hardy robust little birds.
With several comments about finding it hard to obtain good quality Brabanters, has anyone purchased from Sandhill? Where have you found good quality stock? If our town changes it's regs, this is...
I like everything about it except how it looks right now. I know it lays decently. It is a great part of my great waterfowl flock.
First, watching a runner duck run is awesome. They can find their own food. They aren't like pekins in water. Mine haven't started laying but I heard their decent.
Its not as fat and slow as a pekin, but its not frail either. I want a mallard but I don't want a flying bird. The rouen is great for that.
Rate Chicken Breedspost #2 of 4111/18/11 at 12:24pmpost #3 of 4111/18/11 at 1:01pm
Cochins!Momma to Amberlinks, Black Sexlinks, a White Leghorn, AL/RSL mixes, Cochins, Ameraucanas, Barred Rocks, Polish chicks and 1 sweet Silkie
Oh yeah, and him. That RSL called JASPER! LIKE Jasper on Facebook! www.facebook.com/jaspertheroosterpost #4 of 4111/18/11 at 1:38pmpost #5 of 4111/18/11 at 1:42pmpost #6 of 4111/18/11 at 1:44pm
Wyandottes all the waypost #7 of 4111/18/11 at 1:46pm
Anything thats frizzley!I have 2 pekin ducks, Amy & Stella, a buff drake.named Humphrey,An EE named Poptart II, a BO named Honey, and an RIR named Cinna! I had a rooster but he got a new home, i miss you Ginger!!!!!!!Join UPC today! http://www.upc-online.orgpost #8 of 4111/18/11 at 1:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by mrpekinduck
Anything thats frizzley!
FRIZZLED COCHINS ALL THE WAY!Momma to Amberlinks, Black Sexlinks, a White Leghorn, AL/RSL mixes, Cochins, Ameraucanas, Barred Rocks, Polish chicks and 1 sweet Silkie
Oh yeah, and him. That RSL called JASPER! LIKE Jasper on Facebook! www.facebook.com/jaspertheroosterpost #9 of 4111/18/11 at 1:48pm
Barred rocks and Frizzled cochins!!
My Little City Farm
Two Gold Sebrights, one Columbian Rock, one Amber Link, two Golden Comets, one Barred Rock, and one Dominique!
Dutch mix rabbit, Parakeet bird, Weimaraner dog, and Australian Shepherd puppy.
Visit our blog at http://www.clevelandchickens.blogspot.compost #10 of 4111/18/11 at 1:49pm
Yay frizzley things!!!!!!I have 2 pekin ducks, Amy & Stella, a buff drake.named Humphrey,An EE named Poptart II, a BO named Honey, and an RIR named Cinna! I had a rooster but he got a new home, i miss you Ginger!!!!!!!Join UPC today! http://www.upc-online.org
- Rate Chicken Breeds
- The Comedihens
- › long term mite problems on the mend hopefully 2 seconds ago
- › Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread. 9 seconds ago
- › Boys VS Girls 22 seconds ago
- › Trying to find out the breed of this turkey 26 seconds ago
- › PVC Planters! 32 seconds ago
- › Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread 46 seconds ago
- › Help!!! Poorly hen :-( 54 seconds ago
- › Day 25. Help! 1 minute ago
- › **~~>>Second Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon<<~~**all... 1 minute ago
- › What did your chickens do today? 1 minute ago
- › Ancona by techpeak
- › Partridge Plymouth Rock by heronz
- › Brabanter by mtmimi777
- › Orpington (Buff)-319 by marvun22
- › Indian Runner by marvun22
- › Rouen by marvun22
- › Khaki Campbell by marvun22
- › Pekin by marvun22
- › Bantam-Cochin by ChickenRaiser95
- › Cream Legbar originally bred by R. C. Punnett by KPenley
- › Troost Roost by stuckinvtown
- › Fowl Territory by softblooper
- › Cozy Coop in Cape by ShamSham
- › Poor Man's Chicken Coop for zero dollars by IceAngel
- › Fresh Eggs from Spoiled Chickens by lilnursetara
- › New to web site. Need advise on how to help... by Marie Joye
- › My foray into chicken ownership by Katcynth
- › My six chicks!!!!! So cute by My Six Chicks
- › Hatching<3 by Nike
- › Blue and Whie Delight by 12chickenlover3