We should have news by tonight! If so, I will be taking her tomorrow and she will hang with me in my apartment until my uncle gets her on Sunday. They desperately need the space at the rescue for another dog.
hope all goes well
they sound like they need each other
Thanks for saving her
and making room for another
Still no word on what the lump is. Apparently they haven't sent it for biopsy yet and we won't hear back for a week.
They asked if my uncle would like to foster her until we hear results. Now things become complicated. I will feel so bad if this turns out to be more than just a fatty lump, because he will want to bring her back. I feel like it would have been easier just to find him a different dog that didn't have issues, but at the same time, I also feel like she is worth it. She is such a very, very sweet dog.
I really wish I was in the position to adopt her if her test results didn't come back so good.
Ugh, why do simple things have to turn out to be so complicated? Please continue to keep your fingers crossed for her! At the very least, she will get to spend time with a family in a quiet place where she can heal.
I brought a middle aged, female dog home from the rescue this weekend to spend some time with my uncle who is looking for a new companion. She has the most wonderful temperament and would be the perfect dog for him. Over the summer, he lost his dog to cancer at the age of ten and it really hit him hard.
The problem with this dog (Lucy) is that she has a lump about an inch and a half to two inches on her back. It does not cause pain and is moveable. The rescue will be having it removed this coming week and will be sending it out for testing. I know it is very difficult to tell anything about the lump without having it biopsied, but has anyone had experience with lumps on dogs? How common is it for lumps to turn out to be cancerous? I'm hoping it will be fine with removal. Should he decide he is interested in possibly adopting Lucy, I am going to suggest he put in an application for foster and wait until the rescue gets the test results back. That way if it turns out to be more than just a fatty lump, he can look at other dogs.
I guess I'm just looking for some stories and maybe some prayers. I'm really crossing my fingers that everything turns out ok because she would be perfect for him.
A few years back I noticed the same kind of lump you are describing on my Diesel boy. I was worried, and so I took him to the vet to have it checked. The vet told me that since the lump was smoth, round, and moveable, she wasn't inclined to be concerned, although she would biopsy just to be 100% sure. She did not remove it, only did a needle biopsy. She called it even before the results were back from the lab, and she was right, it was a harmless lipoma.
My guess is you're dealing with the same thing with your rescue girl. Good luck, I will send prayers for a happy ending!
I brought her back to my apartment yesterday. She is just the sweetest thing! I let her sleep on the bed with me and she stayed right up against me all night. My uncle will foster her until she heals from her surgery unless we get good news about the lump. In that case he will be keeping her! Either way, she'll get to spend christmas with a family. The rescue said we should hear results by Monday or Tuesday.