BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Raising BackYard Chickens › Managing Your Flock › Vaseline on chickens?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Vaseline on chickens? - Page 6

post #51 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodofPecking View Post

I'd be happy to co-operate. I don't have such a rare piece of equipment here, so if you're not simply talking rubbish but are actually interested I'll happily allow you to shop on ebay for example and post it to a friend of mine.

Sorry I'm not your charity, and it's not my job to finance your argument, but I will take that is a no that you have no quantitative evidence...
Quote:
I'm really sure that your zealous disbelief would render any great efforts to provide evidence useless. You can't make people believe what they do not want to believe when they have made up their minds to the contrary. Also, I'm not tear-gassing my chooks for some random person on the internet. LOL. Hilarious.

" tear-gassing " LOL. tracer smoke is non-toxic and won't harm the chickens, especially if you have decent ventilation like you claim that should remove the non-toxic non-harmful smoke in no time flat...
Quote:
It provides more ventilation than is necessary and that excess removes precious heat from the chooks.

Any quantitative data or evidence to support this new claim? As many of us know all to well, in freezing temps too much ventilation is an oxymoron, cold weather tolerant healthy chickens don't need heat so retaining it is absolutely unnecessary, but they do need good ventilation to remove humidity and ammonia gasses that have a high probability of casing harm...

In the end your argument is still an anecdotal logical fallacy as I stated...

May I ask how much experience you acutally have keeping chickens (or any poultry) in extreme cold weather?

When I say extreme I mean temps of -10°F (-23°C) or colder for days on end as is common in many ares of the US...

Is it safe to assume you have about zero experience at keeping poultry in extreme cold climates?

How about snow, do you get much in your location and have experience with say snowfalls of say 12" (30cm) or greater over the course of a day or two?
post #52 of 57
Vaseline usage will kill poultry if used regularly for 20 years & humans if your for 100. I ain't dead, perfectly healthy 75 year old that regularly puts it on my feet.
post #53 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigt447 View Post

Vaseline usage will kill poultry if used regularly for 20 years & humans if your for 100. I ain't dead, perfectly healthy 75 year old that regularly puts it on my feet.
Love this! I use Vaseline as well ! On a daily basis. On me my kiids and husband. Works great for dry skin , feet ect...
post #54 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigt447 View Post

Vaseline usage will kill poultry if used regularly for 20 years & humans if your for 100. I ain't dead, perfectly healthy 75 year old that regularly puts it on my feet.


In all seriousness, as well as respect, please could someone translate this? I've read and re-read it dozens of times, and I can't figure it out.

 

:thHelp me. I've fallen and can't get up.

post #55 of 57
I think he was trying to say in a nice way that Vaseline takes a looooooong time to kill anything!
post #56 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by azygous View Post
 


In all seriousness, as well as respect, please could someone translate this? I've read and re-read it dozens of times, and I can't figure it out.

 

:thHelp me. I've fallen and can't get up.

The years quoted exceed the maximum lifespan of the creatures mentioned. Same as saying everyone who ate carrots in the year 1700 died. They may have died of carrots, or not eating carrots, either way they are all dead if they were around in 1700 A.D.

 

The other half is saying 'look at me, I'm 90 and I smoke like a chimney, therefor smoking is a healthy pursuit.

 

Petro-chemicals all come from the same toxic place, crude oil. Whether you sniff petrol or use vaseline it all gets into your system, some people live healthy lives, some do not. Scientists study groups of people who use petrochemical products on themselves and have found that, on average, it makes you more likely to get cancer than people who do not. If you just use home made organic lip balm or salve then you eliminate the risk and get greater benefits.

post #57 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodofPecking View Post

If you just use home made organic lip balm or salve then you eliminate the risk and get greater benefits.

Using home made organic lib balm or salve does not equate to elimination (or even any reduction) of cancer risk, that is just a plain silly proclamation...

Many organic products contain and/or are carcinogens themselves, there are lots of naturally occurring carcinogens in nature... Also about half of the approved 'organic' pesticides used to grow organic stuff are known carcinogens...

Anyone that tells you that organic means no carcinogens clearly has never looked at the list of approved 'organic' certified chemicals and compared it to a list of known carcinogens or studied the subject at any length...

In the end petroleum or other ointments are pretty much useless as a frostbite prevention and do little to no good or even worse increase your risk...

It's a long read but a good read on ointments and frostbite...

http://herkules.oulu.fi/isbn9514259882/isbn9514259882.pdf
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Managing Your Flock
BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Raising BackYard Chickens › Managing Your Flock › Vaseline on chickens?