Still pretty new to the chicken world, so I'm still not the best at calling breeds.
This was my approx 6.5 (+/-) week old "mystery pick" from the feed store... Any ideas?
Related Forum Threads
- Tiny Beauties,PLEASE tell me what These are!!!!! Last post on 1/29/13 at 6:54am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- What sex are these? Last post on 2/21/13 at 10:25am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- What breed? Last post on 1/19/12 at 7:31pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- d'Uccles & Booted Bantams? Last post on 1/13/12 at 5:18pm in Breeds, Genetics, & Showing
- d'uccle colors and genetics Last post on 12/8/11 at 11:24am in Breeds, Genetics, & Showing
Edited on 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsEdited on 6/27/11
- Belgian D Uccle Blue GreyEdited on 1/10/12
- Belgian D Uccle Porcelain By Windymeadows1Edited on 1/10/12
- Belgian D Uccle PorcelainEdited on 1/10/12
I can't say I have a ton of experience, but I do have a nine day old Mallard duckling named Pyrrhos(getting her some companions on Friday or Saturday). She is very talkative, but I don't mind the...
This and the 5 gallon version of this product are more disappointing products from Little Giant. I had to modify the handles on these to get them to hang straight enough to not leak (I...
If these waterers aren't fairly level they leak -- that's pretty obvious. We don't have a lot of flat level spots in our chicken areas, so decided to hang our waterers and let gravity level them...
I bought and installed several of these at one time and they all leaked right away. I removed one and took it back to the feed store where I bought it to ask for advice, and was told I wasn't the...
I have three White Chanteclers. The oldest one, Cottonball, is the head hen of our flock and is smart and kind. Our other two hens, Aurora and Borialis, are docile and lay many eggs, and are good...
Mystery pick from the feed storepost #2 of 2112/9/11 at 1:28pmpost #3 of 2112/9/11 at 1:28pm
mille fluer d'uccle cockreal (yes this one is a young roo i can post my 2 month old pullets for comparison if you want)...side view will help confirm that its a d'ucclepost #4 of 2112/9/11 at 1:29pmThread Starterpost #5 of 2112/9/11 at 1:31pm
my avatar is my self blue roo from a hatchry the main thing that makes him a bad show bird is that he has wattles which i have seen on every hatchery d'uccle i have seen but everything else is perfect although i have to also work on his comb since it flops some times
edit: heres my gender guesses on my month old d'uccles i had a good feeling they were hens but i really wanted the extra back up on that http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=603232
Edited by hdowden - 12/9/11 at 1:33pmpost #6 of 2112/9/11 at 1:32pmThread Starterpost #7 of 2112/9/11 at 1:33pm
I completely agree that it's a D'Uccle, but I am seeing more of a Columbian Buff color.
He'll be gorgeous!"It's easy. You draw a red line on the ground, right? Then you wait for a chicken to come along. When he arrives, he puts his beak right on the line and he's hypnotized!"
Joey Santiago"It's easy. You draw a red line on the ground, right? Then you wait for a chicken to come along. When he arrives, he puts his beak right on the line and he's hypnotized!"
Joey Santiagopost #8 of 2112/9/11 at 1:34pmThread Starterpost #9 of 2112/9/11 at 1:36pm
do you know what hatchery the feed store gets their chicks from? i have never seen a Columbian Buff at a hatchery site. the mille fluer coloring will take a bit to come in though but yes he is 100% d'ucclepost #10 of 2112/9/11 at 1:37pm
d'uccles have a very sweet personality and if you want to learn more about them go over to their breed thread and there are some very nice and knowldgeable people there. if you want the link i can get it for you
- Mystery pick from the feed store
- Standard Large Fowl Breeds
- › Montana 5 seconds ago
- › Walk in the Wild~~Wolf RPG *NEEDS MEMBERS* 7 seconds ago
- › Sexing a black austrolope 16 seconds ago
- › New from Utah! 20 seconds ago
- › Australorps breed Thread 35 seconds ago
- › Atomic Powers (OOC) 51 seconds ago
- › My dog killed my whole flock 54 seconds ago
- › How can I make my coop and run cleaner?? 58 seconds ago
- › Living in the country, you gotta have chickens...right? 1 minute ago
- › Chasing Chicks in the Dark - Not the way I planned to spend this... 1 minute ago
- › Mallard by Zombified
- › Little Giant - 3 Gallon Plastic Poultry Waterer - PPF3 by LeslieDJoyce
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by LeslieDJoyce
- › Automatic King Size Poultry Fount - 2550 by LeslieDJoyce
- › Chantecler by BravewingTheHen
- › Cochin by BravewingTheHen
- › Ameraucana by starbugs
- › Cornish Cross by cynthiagee
- › La Fleche by theeggbasket
- › Barred Rock by techpeak
- › Chicken's Communication by roostersandhens
- › Yearg's Chicks - The Coop by YeargsChicks
- › "Mattersville" Coop/Pergola by match-nickel
- › Maggie's "Fab 6" Brooder by chixrus2013
- › Our humble coop - for 4 chickens. by Aussie-Chook
- › The Hot Headed Hen House by EagleChickens
- › This is my new coop. by hairco
- › Poultry Playpen by ftroop
- › Troost Roost by stuckinvtown
- › Fowl Territory by softblooper