The white one in the middle of the first picture is an EE. Pretty green legs and a cute little muff going on there. So there's one right. The one in the back of the second picture has that little stripe on its head which reminds me of Production Reds (hatcheries call them RIR, and that's what the feed stores call 'em too). So that's probably the one sold to you as RIR. The other 2 would be the Golden Sexlinks then, and if that's the case, then it looks like you have 1 male and 1 female. Sex linked crosses are bred so you can tell the gender by their color. In Golden and Red Sexlinks, pullets are red and cockerels are white. (If you're curious about the Black Sexlink, males are barred and females are black with gold leakage. http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=261208) Sexlinks don't breed true, by the way.
Related Forum Threads
- What's in this Mix??? Last post on 2/17/13 at 11:17am in Breeds, Genetics, & Showing
- What breed for in town? Last post on 1/18/12 at 9:56pm in Breeds, Genetics, & Showing
- Guess the chickens for me :D Last post on 1/11/12 at 3:56pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Need help identify this hen... Last post on 6/27/13 at 4:01pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Does this look like a welsommer pullet? Last post on 1/17/12 at 8:43am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Hatching Dark EggsLast edited: 3/30/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
- Welsummer MuticolorsLast edited: 1/10/12
I have a 5 month cockerel named Mr Sassy Pants. He shuffles when he walks because of the feathered feet. He likes to fly high (over 5-6 feet) to avoid trouble with the other hens. His mate is a...
We initially had two, Henrietta and Harriet, unfortunately Henrietta was a bit of a wonderer and got hit by a car It was a real blow as they made a lovely pair. Would recommend to anyone who...
Love these! My chickens adore them, except one hen. They are great for an extra bit of protein. They helped in taming some of the more feral birds and got them perching on my shoulders and arms....
I love this block. Each time its on sale I pick one up. If you have birds in a run all day or part of the day, its a great boredom cure. They can over-eat it though. If you get a lot of ran water...
Only had my point-of-lay White Star for a couple of months, but she's fast become a favourite! Bags of personality. She's had her wings clipped but she still manages to get up on things my other...
Take a guess..... - Page 3
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #22 of 2212/15/11 at 7:06pmThread Starter
Ok, here's what she told me.... The two white/yellow chicks are GSL's, the RIR is the one you picked out with the little stripe and the other tan colored one with the square-ish shape to its wing (on the left in the first pic) is what she said was an Ameraucana(EE). Either she didn't know what was what, was confused, or ..... They were mixed in two large water tubs. The RIR's all in one and the GSL's and EE's in the other. Maybe I picked up an EE thinking it was a GSL? Maybe I have two EE's, one RIR, and one GSL.
I don't really care as long as they teach me how to raise them well and lay some eggs. It's fun to guess though.
- Hatching Dark Eggs
- › Stella's Social Club 14 seconds ago
- › pepper in food 17 seconds ago
- › Vermont 56 seconds ago
- › Rooster With Hurt Eye! 2 minutes ago
- › Jersey Giants thread for pictures and discussion 2 minutes ago
- › ~ Chicken Competition! ~ Register Today! ~ 2 minutes ago
- › Boys VS Girls 2 minutes ago
- › OLD BREEDS AZERBAIJAN MARANDI (GARA MARAND) 3 minutes ago
- › Foul smelling bird 3 minutes ago
- › Very poorly 6 month amber white please help! 3 minutes ago
- › Mille Fleur Bantam by Sirracha
- › Cornish by Jersey101
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy by Shalom Farm
- › Land O'Lakes Purina Sunfresh Flock Block Pet Food by Shalom Farm
- › White Star Hybrid by Libbynugget
- › Hova Bator Egg Incubator 1602N with Circulated Air Fan Kit by Shalom Farm
- › Plastic 1 Quart Jar Feeder by Shalom Farm
- › Farm Innovators "All-Seasons" Heated Plastic Poultry... by reckless
- › Easter Eggers by turtleguy
- › Icelandic or Viking Hen by tommysgirl
- › My Chickens, Royalty With Feathers by Nickeyo
- › Chicken Orchard by Nickeyo
- › Fort Cluckins by Idess
- › Cluckitall's coronation sussex by cluckitall
- › My Chickens1 by ChicknsRock
- › The hen that liked to hitch hike by Boondocks Farm
- › How much room do chickens need by Nifty-Chicken
- › Egg peritonitis is NOT incurable! Soft... by Luvmy9hens
- › Emu Hatch Fall 2013 to Spring 2014 by yinepu
- › Cold Weather Brooder / Coop by Lancaster KY