The laying is not so important, I would rather have a quality bird. My standard blue is a nice bird, but is also laying well. I do know she came from minnesota, don't know the line because I got her from a family that planned on showing her but the 4-H leader moved. She was 3 months old when I bought her. I would love to find her a nice roo.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- brahmas vs cochins?? Last post on 12/24/11 at 8:31pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Rooster Breeds? Last post on 12/7/11 at 2:48pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- New flockmates! Last post on 5/12/13 at 8:47pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Cochin?? Last post on 4/20/10 at 5:11am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- I'm finally a momma!!!! *Pic heavy* New Px Pg6 Last post on 4/16/13 at 6:53pm in Pictures & Stories of My Chickens
Last edited: 1/23/12
- The Lowdown on Red Sex LinksLast edited: 9/14/13
- The Villano FlockLast edited: 2/2/13
- The ComedihensLast edited: 4/25/13
- AshaLast edited: 1/11/12
Can't seem to get any tech support. Can't seem to reset it. Alarm was very annoying while trying to figure out why it won't climb to set temps.
I have one specific polish that I have owned for over five years now and she is still my favorite bird. She (and all of the other polish) will perch on my shoulder and will literally act...
My 8 White Leghorn pullets are the friendliest breed I have ever raised. And I have raised quite a few breeds, and some of my breeds include Silkies, EE's, Brahma's, Australorps, etc. But still, my...
I purchased the Premium Chickenguard controller box only about 4 months ago. The motor can handle 2.2lbs and my aluminum door only weight .8lb, which heavy enough to close the door. I purchased...
Very good breed. I have one Buff Brahma pullet named Annika. Like I said up there she's very sweet and gentle towards people butt gets bullied easily by my older hens but she's still a baby so...
cochin vs brahma - Page 2
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #12 of 1912/18/11 at 9:03am
your lucky many exhibition lines aren't known for being good reliable layers!
I would look on the cochin and brahma threads and ask if anyone has good stock that are good producers as well. Then get eggs, chicks, or invest in started birds from them if possible.
Shadow Calibers Silkies and Design
NPIP # 55-1101
Shadow Calibers Silkies and Design
NPIP # 55-1101post #13 of 196/6/13 at 8:52pm
Does one make a better mother than the other? I know brahmas are bigger, so do they take more feed? I'm in the middle of emailing someone on Craigslist that can ship me some chicks, and they have both brahmas AND cochins, and I'm not sure which to get. Maybe both?post #14 of 196/6/13 at 8:52pmpost #15 of 197/2/13 at 8:10ampost #16 of 197/2/13 at 10:44amQuote:Originally Posted by lauranickerson
Does one make a better mother than the other? I know brahmas are bigger, so do they take more feed? I'm in the middle of emailing someone on Craigslist that can ship me some chicks, and they have both brahmas AND cochins, and I'm not sure which to get. Maybe both?
I think you should get both because I have heard so many great things about each breed and they are both beautiful birds!!post #17 of 199/14/14 at 12:32pmpost #18 of 191/17/15 at 4:47pmpost #19 of 192/21/16 at 4:48pm1 Himalayan & 1 Tiger Cat, 2 Pygmys, 5 Rhode Island Reds, 2 Blk Silkies, 1 Wht Silkies, 1 Polish Frizzle, 1 Cuckoo Silkie (my Avatar-Forest) & 12 Assort. Silkies, 3 Showgirls & 7 in the Brinsea....Holy Chickens!!1 Himalayan & 1 Tiger Cat, 2 Pygmys, 5 Rhode Island Reds, 2 Blk Silkies, 1 Wht Silkies, 1 Polish Frizzle, 1 Cuckoo Silkie (my Avatar-Forest) & 12 Assort. Silkies, 3 Showgirls & 7 in the Brinsea....Holy Chickens!!
- The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
- › When Do Button Quail Chicks Start Eating? 5 minutes ago
- › Help please with first hatch 15 minutes ago
- › What am I? 23 minutes ago
- › Day 18 26 minutes ago
- › Advice - neighbor wants us to cull 35 minutes ago
- › Duck eye infection 37 minutes ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 43 minutes ago
- › Food Storage Ideas Needed 45 minutes ago
- › Broody Hen Thread! 45 minutes ago
- › Araucana thread anyone? 46 minutes ago
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.