Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Bad pic. Can u tell breed?? Last post on 6/10/15 at 6:19am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- The Best Layer Last post on 1/17/16 at 8:33am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- What breed is Anna? Lays green eggs. Last post on 10/21/15 at 10:17am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- American serama thread! Last post on 10/22/16 at 1:31pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- The EE braggers thread!!! Last post on 10/19/16 at 7:58am in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
If ever I had to restrict myself to a single breed to meat all of my meat, egg and "chicken therapy" needs, this would be the one. Not only are my NNs prolific layers of large to jumbo sized...
I love this product. I cannot believe no one has reviewed it yet. I started with the chick version- and moved up to this. While at work all day, I wanted to keep my girls busy. This product is...
I bought one of these when I first got my birds- I have since converted it to an oyster-shell dispenser- works wonderfully for that function in my coop. This past summer, I bought a second one to...
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
Show Off Your American Gamefowl!!! - Page 1011
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #10102 of 1792411/10/15 at 4:44ampost #10103 of 1792411/10/15 at 8:02amQuote:Originally Posted by roosterhavoc
Hey to everyone that has given me ovation and with comments. I wasn't ignoring anyone. I used to get email notifications but since about September for some reason I haven't gotten any. Not sure why. I usually just use my phone to take pics and check the forum.
Does everyone else still get emails or what?
I dont get emails anymore either...post #10104 of 1792411/10/15 at 8:05ampost #10105 of 1792411/10/15 at 8:09ampost #10106 of 1792411/10/15 at 8:15am
Not good. I keep moving the white stag back and forth from the avairy to a single pen. He needs to learn how to call the females in, not chase them around...
This is typical view when he is in the avairy. Hens all up on perches while he controls the ground.post #10107 of 1792411/10/15 at 8:16ampost #10108 of 1792411/10/15 at 8:26ampost #10109 of 1792411/10/15 at 8:30ampost #10110 of 1792411/10/15 at 8:30amQuote:
I come in at Pacific breakfast time. I check up on the forum before I start working.
I have no info on breeds or bloodlines, as I dont keep anything pure. I judge each bird on an individual basis.
American Games were created on crosses, and every bloodline will vary in my opinion. Some of the newer strains (from operational farms) may be consistent, but the old bloodlines have likely been "refreshed" throughout the century.
- Farm Daze
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 2 seconds ago
- › Australia - Six states..and that funny little island. 4 seconds ago
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 31 seconds ago
- › Weather?? 34 seconds ago
- › Breed? 39 seconds ago
- › Silkie thread! 1 minute ago
- › RodNTN's chat thread! 2 minutes ago
- › Across the street from my house. 3 minutes ago
- › Looking to be a beginner! Questions!! 4 minutes ago
- › 2017 BYC Calendars- PRE-ORDER NOW! 4 minutes ago
- › Naked Neck-turken by DesertChic
- › Resolve Sustainable Solutions Farmer's Helper HotCake Poultry... by KrisCVT
- › Little Giant Hanging Waterer by KrisCVT
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Essential Oils and chickens!
- › Tips to Create a Chicken Coop That You and...
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...