Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Bad pic. Can u tell breed?? Last post on 6/10/15 at 6:19am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- The Best Layer Last post on 1/17/16 at 8:33am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- What breed is Anna? Lays green eggs. Last post on 10/21/15 at 10:17am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- American serama thread! Last post on 10/22/16 at 1:31pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- The EE braggers thread!!! Last post on 10/19/16 at 7:58am in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
If ever I had to restrict myself to a single breed to meat all of my meat, egg and "chicken therapy" needs, this would be the one. Not only are my NNs prolific layers of large to jumbo sized...
I love this product. I cannot believe no one has reviewed it yet. I started with the chick version- and moved up to this. While at work all day, I wanted to keep my girls busy. This product is...
I bought one of these when I first got my birds- I have since converted it to an oyster-shell dispenser- works wonderfully for that function in my coop. This past summer, I bought a second one to...
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
Show Off Your American Gamefowl!!! - Page 1028
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #10272 of 1795711/13/15 at 10:23am
Some dogs have it in them to just chase and kill.. Doesnt make it a bad dog, just the wrong dog for the job. Plenty of dog breeds throughout history were used for that reason.
There is a fine line between safety and imprisonment. I just make sure I have enough to support losses and keep backups to replace any losses. Coyotes need to eat too.post #10273 of 1795711/13/15 at 10:39ampost #10274 of 1795711/13/15 at 11:10amQuote:Why wouldn't you take the time to train the dog? My guess is he didn't know any better.Originally Posted by season1223
Well it wasnt my choice to lose any of my chickens and ive put quite a bit of effort into keeping them safe but it still wasnt enuf! I mean i guess i could've just shot the dog the day i couldn't find anybody to take him but I didnt! I do still have more work to do to get them all ready for winter but im having to do a little at a time because it takes money! I had intended to keep the game rooster in the coop with the rest of my flock cuz the woman i got him from said he wouldn't hurt my other roosters but i just had a bad feeling about it and kept him separate for awhile...then the first time i let him go he tried to kill one of em...jumped in the middle of that fight and stopped him from killing the other one but had no choice but to keep him separate until i could build him his own spot in the coop and literally 2 days later the dog ate him! He's been perfectly safe in that cage up til this point & the dog had no reason to even try to eat them...he got fed 4 times the day b4! One of those times being right b4 we went to bed! He couldn't have possibly been hungry...he was just a mental dog! Im not sure y none of us heard anything except that it was real windy that night! The only thing that has ever posed a problem for my birds is that dog which is why he was chained up outside! It was the only way to secure him in one spot while i tried to find him another home! I love my birds and would risk my own life to keep them safe!post #10275 of 1795711/13/15 at 11:12ampost #10276 of 1795711/13/15 at 11:14ampost #10277 of 1795711/13/15 at 12:08pmpost #10278 of 1795711/13/15 at 12:13pmpost #10279 of 1795711/13/15 at 12:43pm
- Farm Daze
- › Is my rooster sick? is it contagious? ???? 14 seconds ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 17 seconds ago
- › what do I do? my goat is pregnant!!!! 17 seconds ago
- › Possible 'henopause'? 26 seconds ago
- › HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally & BantyChooks 27 seconds ago
- › What is the friendliest goose? 53 seconds ago
- › Yum or Yuck? 1 minute ago
- › The last letter Game 1 minute ago
- › GAMES FOR EGGS 1 minute ago
- › YO GEORGIANS! :) 1 minute ago
- › Naked Neck-turken by DesertChic
- › Resolve Sustainable Solutions Farmer's Helper HotCake Poultry... by KrisCVT
- › Little Giant Hanging Waterer by KrisCVT
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Gramma's No Time To Cook Chicken Chicken
- › Essential Oils and chickens!
- › Tips to Create a Chicken Coop That You and...
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age