Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Bad pic. Can u tell breed?? Last post on 6/10/15 at 6:19am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- The Best Layer Last post on 1/17/16 at 8:33am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- What breed is Anna? Lays green eggs. Last post on 10/21/15 at 10:17am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- American serama thread! Last post on Today at 1:31 pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- The EE braggers thread!!! Last post on 10/19/16 at 7:58am in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
I purchased the Premium Chickenguard controller box only about 4 months ago. The motor can handle 2.2lbs and my aluminum door only weight .8lb, which heavy enough to close the door. I purchased...
Very good breed. I have one Buff Brahma pullet named Annika. Like I said up there she's very sweet and gentle towards people butt gets bullied easily by my older hens but she's still a baby so...
Overall I'd say they're a very good breed. I have two Amber Whites named Jelly-Bean aka The Bean and Merlina. They are both very friendly and do very well with my younger brother and sister, they...
I've never bothered with purchasing Happy Hen Treat Mealworms, because I just purchase the mealworms for wild birds. Same exact thing for nearly half the price. And you probably even get more...
I have been raising buff Orpingtons for years now, and they never cease to entertain me. My favorite hen, Brooklyn is one of the best layer hens I've ever had. She is a awesome mother (has hatched...
Show Off Your American Gamefowl!!! - Page 1145
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #11442 of 178601/12/16 at 8:54amQuote:
The breeder would have to tell you. Gamefowl are often mixed. He has the standard BBR colors which is common when multiple bloodlines are mixed. I prefer mixed gamefowl.
Looks pretty good . Nice strong handsome face and he looks like he'll be tall.post #11443 of 178601/12/16 at 9:04ampost #11444 of 178601/12/16 at 9:44amQuote:
Are you disappointed he may be crossed?
Hatchs are great fowl and I wouldnt doubt if most existing gamefowl in the US are crossed with hatch blood somewhere in their history.post #11445 of 178601/12/16 at 9:51amIn my opinion if I get a good quality rooster I dont really care what bloodline he is, I base quality on an individual basis and disregard notions about bloodlines which may cloud your judgment.But then again I do things a little differently. I wouldn't keep an sub-par rooster just because he is a "pure" breed, just like I wouldn't get rid of good quality rooster because he is NOT "pure" breed.post #11446 of 178601/12/16 at 10:00ampost #11447 of 178601/12/16 at 10:03ampost #11448 of 178601/12/16 at 10:03amQuote:
cool thats good. Id like to know too but unless the guy is keeping records its hard to know for sure.
Good luck with him.. post some more pictures up close at his level.post #11449 of 178601/12/16 at 10:15ampost #11450 of 178601/12/16 at 11:23am
- Farm Daze
- › Meat ducks ? 10 minutes ago
- › Learning and Growing in my life with my chicken/duck! 13 minutes ago
- › New member 19 minutes ago
- › Greyhounds and Chickens? 20 minutes ago
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 28 minutes ago
- › Brinsea mini advance incubator 28 minutes ago
- › Toddlers are Quackers 29 minutes ago
- › Doulbe Yolks and Newbie Incubator 30 minutes ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 35 minutes ago
- › Chooks Fighting 44 minutes ago
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.