Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Bad pic. Can u tell breed?? Last post on 6/10/15 at 6:19am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- The Best Layer Last post on 1/17/16 at 8:33am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- What breed is Anna? Lays green eggs. Last post on 10/21/15 at 10:17am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- American serama thread! Last post on 10/22/16 at 1:31pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- The EE braggers thread!!! Last post on 10/19/16 at 7:58am in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
Mini Ecos are a great choice for those who want a quality small incubator but don't want to break the bank. Although you will have to turn the eggs yourself and the temperature readout is not...
A Brinsea Mini was my first incubator and it will be my last too. It is a high quality small incubator for the backyard hobbyist; no, you can't hatch a ton of chicks out of it, but it's ideal for...
Can't seem to get any tech support. Can't seem to reset it. Alarm was very annoying while trying to figure out why it won't climb to set temps.
I have one specific polish that I have owned for over five years now and she is still my favorite bird. She (and all of the other polish) will perch on my shoulder and will literally act...
My 8 White Leghorn pullets are the friendliest breed I have ever raised. And I have raised quite a few breeds, and some of my breeds include Silkies, EE's, Brahma's, Australorps, etc. But still, my...
Show Off Your American Gamefowl!!! - Page 1164
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #11632 of 178991/18/16 at 2:56pmQuote:
Yes, I can do without the snow, but a little freezing sure helps get rid of the mud for a little while!post #11633 of 178991/18/16 at 3:00pmpost #11634 of 178991/18/16 at 3:05pmpost #11635 of 178991/18/16 at 3:12pmQuote:
I forget, do you have welded wire with electric strands on the outside or just electric strands? If you have welded wire and electric, can you set it up in such a way to disconnect the lower wires, so the rest of the fence doesn't ground out? Snow and ice are just tough to work around on the electric fences. Maybe a bigger charger to power though it?post #11636 of 178991/18/16 at 3:13pmpost #11637 of 178991/18/16 at 3:15pmpost #11638 of 178991/18/16 at 3:15pmpost #11639 of 178991/18/16 at 3:16pmQuote:
What type of water cups do you use and does the ice release from them pretty well? This past year after I became tired of breaking ice, I made a little wood frame/stand to mount on the side wall of the pen with a hole in it to drop yogurt containers down in. The yogurt containers are smooth and tapered so I can just pop the ice block out. For a bird or two I can use smaller containers or for more, just drop in a larger container. Not sure if it is a new idea, but I can't recall seeing it before. Maybe too much of a pain?
- Farm Daze
- › *The Verge of War* A Medieval Rp 56 seconds ago
- › Lixotinic not for chickens? 1 minute ago
- › Three word story for more people with more than one word to say... 1 minute ago
- › What should I get???? 2 minutes ago
- › Just got a pair of Australorps and both look a bit worst for wares 2 minutes ago
- › Lets count to a million 3 minutes ago
- › YO GEORGIANS! :) 3 minutes ago
- › Coming here to get started with chickens... starting with breed advice 4 minutes ago
- › Keep a word, drop a word! 4 minutes ago
- › FERMENTED FEEDS...anyone using them? 7 minutes ago
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.