Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Bad pic. Can u tell breed?? Last post on 6/10/15 at 6:19am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- The Best Layer Last post on 1/17/16 at 8:33am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- What breed is Anna? Lays green eggs. Last post on 10/21/15 at 10:17am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- American serama thread! Last post on Yesterday at 1:31 pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- The EE braggers thread!!! Last post on 10/19/16 at 7:58am in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
Can't seem to get any tech support. Can't seem to reset it. Alarm was very annoying while trying to figure out why it won't climb to set temps.
I have one specific polish that I have owned for over five years now and she is still my favorite bird. She (and all of the other polish) will perch on my shoulder and will literally act...
My 8 White Leghorn pullets are the friendliest breed I have ever raised. And I have raised quite a few breeds, and some of my breeds include Silkies, EE's, Brahma's, Australorps, etc. But still, my...
I purchased the Premium Chickenguard controller box only about 4 months ago. The motor can handle 2.2lbs and my aluminum door only weight .8lb, which heavy enough to close the door. I purchased...
Very good breed. I have one Buff Brahma pullet named Annika. Like I said up there she's very sweet and gentle towards people butt gets bullied easily by my older hens but she's still a baby so...
Show Off Your American Gamefowl!!! - Page 1222post #12212 of 178702/15/16 at 3:49pmpost #12213 of 178702/15/16 at 4:11pmpost #12214 of 178702/15/16 at 4:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by sdm111
he lacks aggression. He'll defend himself and does a good job but is not the aggressor.
As far as power yes and no. To be quite frank blues (at least round here) are known as cutters (fast) but they also do well as power birds. I know people that used past tense them for both
Got it! Seems to be that fine line. You want a bird that is the aggressor, but also easy to handle.post #12215 of 178702/15/16 at 4:47pmYeah its pretty cool to talk chickens and hear other people's take on things. And of my such and such or friend or dad used to whatever back in the day. Before this go round I just was not around them and now to meet people that was is nice. More so older people. Now that I think about it a lot of breeds I was not around it was pretty much kelso, grey, Whitehackle and hatch.
Didn't have the internet either
Edited by sdm111 - 2/15/16 at 5:07pmpost #12216 of 178702/16/16 at 6:08ampost #12217 of 178702/16/16 at 6:10ampost #12218 of 178702/16/16 at 10:10ampost #12219 of 178702/16/16 at 10:26am
Breed him like crazy this year... Try to pair him up with hens of similar traits, as long as they arent full brother-sister.
Or - breed him to some yellow leg hens and hope for green leg offspring.
- While at the same time breed the green leg hens to yellow leg rooster and hope for green leg offspring.
That way next year you have two groups of green leg chickens to breed together that arent full brother-sister
Edited by JShubin - 2/16/16 at 10:35ampost #12220 of 178702/16/16 at 11:17am
- Farm Daze
- › Day 18 1 minute ago
- › Araucana thread anyone? 2 minutes ago
- › Respiratory 2 minutes ago
- › When Do Button Quail Chicks Start Eating? 3 minutes ago
- › HENS NOT LAYING REGULARLY 3 minutes ago
- › Food Storage Ideas Needed 5 minutes ago
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 9 minutes ago
- › Quail pen ideas 10 minutes ago
- › October 2016 Hatch-A-Long!! 13 minutes ago
- › ***OKIES in the BYC III *** 15 minutes ago
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.