Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Bad pic. Can u tell breed?? Last post on 6/10/15 at 6:19am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- The Best Layer Last post on 1/17/16 at 8:33am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- What breed is Anna? Lays green eggs. Last post on 10/21/15 at 10:17am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- American serama thread! Last post on Today at 9:51 am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Brahmas Last post on 10/9/16 at 11:52pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! Helpful NOTES LINKS & Informational POST...
Last edited: 1/16/17
- The Lowdown on Red Sex LinksLast edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
I absolutely love the idea of not knowing what you'll get! It's like being 6-years old and wondering what the prize is in a box of Cracker Jacks! I've ordered several chicks, but I really want...
My only Welsummer came from a hatchery. She arrived by mail in poor shape and was very undersized. She pulled through with extra attention but was stunted for many months. However, she eventually...
I was looking for a meat outcross for my EE hens, so I bought 25 Dark Cornish roosters. I raised them together and culled them down (sent to freezer camp) all but 5, then introduced them to my...
I've had several of these chickens. The free rooster I got from the hatchery looks like the one in the main photo. I also have a red one. The hens are all unique. They have the same basic...
I purchased two pullets and a cockerel from a fellow chicken lover. I don't regret it at all. These birds aren't too flighty, and always know when it's time to roost. They are great foragers, but...
Show Off Your American Gamefowl!!! - Page 1276
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #12752 of 212343/17/16 at 2:05pmpost #12753 of 212343/17/16 at 2:12pmpost #12754 of 212343/17/16 at 2:31pmQuote:saw radar got a hail storm coming possible 2"+ hail.
That could possibly kill every bird out back
Tarp not gonna stop much
Well 7 will prolly be safe
Edited by sdm111 - 3/17/16 at 2:36pmpost #12755 of 212343/17/16 at 2:58pmQuote:
Strong looking hens.. a lot of asil in them?post #12756 of 212343/17/16 at 3:00pmQuote:A couple years ago we had a pretty good hail storm. All the birds were fine except my peacock just stood out there getting pelted. Wasn't no 2" hail though either, maybe the size of a marble. Be careful wouldn't wanna take one of them to the dome.
Edited by roosterhavoc - 3/17/16 at 3:00pmpost #12757 of 212343/17/16 at 3:01pmpost #12758 of 212343/17/16 at 3:03pmQuote:
2" hail is like a baseball. The sky is literally falling at that point.
I wish you the best of luck.post #12759 of 212343/17/16 at 3:04pmpost #12760 of 212343/17/16 at 3:09pm
Sweet have any close up shots of that rooster? Are his hackle feathers curly like some orientals have?
- The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Currently, there are 1131 Active Users (79 Members and 1052 Guests)
- › New member 11 seconds ago
- › The NFC B-Day Chat Thread 17 seconds ago
- › 2 embryo in 1 egg? Please look at picture 1 minute ago
- › Uniqueness Please 1 minute ago
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 2 minutes ago
- › Chicken is standing and poop is green. 3 minutes ago
- › Chicken poop for your garden 6 minutes ago
- › GAMES FOR EGGS and other fun prizes 6 minutes ago
- › Best way to train/prepare a chicken for show? 8 minutes ago
- › Hi from Australia 8 minutes ago
- › Swedish Flower chicken by ShawnIGGYmama
- › Welsummer by allpeepedout
- › Cornish by ducks4you
- › Easter Eggers by jolenejellybean
- › Easter Egger bantam by Minnowey
- › Old English Game by jolenejellybean
- › Brahma by Minnowey
- › Wyandotte by Minnowey
- › Black Sex Link chicken by unicornmomma
- › Cochin by Poultrylord
- › Growing up chickens
- › 20 Things i wish i knew before i started...
- › Finally out of the coop!
- › A Portrait of Chicken....Portraits? (Chick...
- › An Experiment in Chick Sexing Methods
- › Poultry Ownership and Dealing with Loss (From...
- › WVduckchick's Ducks!
- › Our Lovely Ducks
- › My Pepper!
- › The little lone chick