Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Bad pic. Can u tell breed?? Last post on 1/25/17 at 7:42am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- The Best Layer Last post on 1/17/16 at 8:33am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- What breed is Anna? Lays green eggs. Last post on 10/21/15 at 10:17am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- American serama thread! Last post on Yesterday at 6:29 pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Brahmas Last post on 10/9/16 at 11:52pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! Helpful NOTES LINKS & Informational POST...
Last edited: 3/22/17
- The Lowdown on Red Sex LinksLast edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
really great layers but don't like handling much, mine wouldn't let me near them. i raised the whites and the browns, they were escape artists but for a good reason. they can evade a lot of predators
Mine are a week old, so I don't have a lot to judge on yet, but they've been so full of character that I was afraid I'd forget some of their antics by the time they reach maturity. I'll update when...
My Sicilian Buttercup, Piquin, is a consistent layer of small creamy eggs, about 3-4 a week. Her plumage is a gorgeous coppery gold with distinctive leopard-like spots; a double comb and high tail...
I LOVE my buffs. We got chickens because my son and I are allergic to cats and dogs and the kids wanted pets. We got all buffs because I read that they were the best "beginner" chickens. They are...
My Favacauna named Raven is the nicest thing, and she lays a large green egg nearly every day. Her feathers have a beautiful blue shine and I absolutely love her feather cheeks. If you are...
Show Off Your American Gamefowl!!! - Page 1276
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #12752 of 223183/17/16 at 2:05pmpost #12753 of 223183/17/16 at 2:12pmpost #12754 of 223183/17/16 at 2:31pmQuote:saw radar got a hail storm coming possible 2"+ hail.
That could possibly kill every bird out back
Tarp not gonna stop much
Well 7 will prolly be safe
Edited by sdm111 - 3/17/16 at 2:36pmpost #12755 of 223183/17/16 at 2:58pmQuote:
Strong looking hens.. a lot of asil in them?post #12756 of 223183/17/16 at 3:00pmQuote:A couple years ago we had a pretty good hail storm. All the birds were fine except my peacock just stood out there getting pelted. Wasn't no 2" hail though either, maybe the size of a marble. Be careful wouldn't wanna take one of them to the dome.
Edited by roosterhavoc - 3/17/16 at 3:00pmpost #12757 of 223183/17/16 at 3:01pmpost #12758 of 223183/17/16 at 3:03pmQuote:
2" hail is like a baseball. The sky is literally falling at that point.
I wish you the best of luck.post #12759 of 223183/17/16 at 3:04pmpost #12760 of 223183/17/16 at 3:09pm
Sweet have any close up shots of that rooster? Are his hackle feathers curly like some orientals have?
- The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Currently, there are 2221 Active Users (205 Members and 2016 Guests)
- › 4-H-er thread! 40 seconds ago
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 54 seconds ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 59 seconds ago
- › duck making a gagging/hiccuping motion? 1 minute ago
- › Purina Coop plans or something easy 1 minute ago
- › Having problemss with my flock. 2 minutes ago
- › Maine 2 minutes ago
- › Dark Brahma Pullets @ 8 wks - Why does one look different? 3 minutes ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine. Hosts,... 3 minutes ago
- › Troyergals Chat Thread!!! 5 minutes ago
- › Leghorn by orientphoenix
- › Lakenvelder by Minnowey
- › Sicilian Buttercup by Hishigata
- › Orpington by jallen062
- › Favacauna by BlueJuniper
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by acemario
- › Malay by QueenMisha
- › Bantam-Cochin by givengrove
- › Ameraucana by melishkia
- › Featherman Poultry Set Up Special With Chill Tank by rjohns39
- › One Myth and One Lie About—Egg's
- › SERAMA INCUBATION TIPS ~ Not hard to hatch...
- › casportpony's random chicken pictures
- › Best Pictures of 2017.
- › Soo EggCited the ladies will be here next...
- › Coop-A-Cabana and Coop de Ville....Soo...
- › Integrating new birds at 4 weeks old.
- › \~ * >One Will Reign< * ~/ a Wild Horse...
- › A Few of my BYC Besties
- › Duck Year, A Love Story