Edited by alroy82 - 3/25/16 at 6:32am
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Bad pic. Can u tell breed?? Last post on 6/10/15 at 6:19am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- The Best Layer Last post on 1/17/16 at 8:33am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- What breed is Anna? Lays green eggs. Last post on 10/21/15 at 10:17am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- American serama thread! Last post on Yesterday at 1:31 pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- The EE braggers thread!!! Last post on 10/19/16 at 7:58am in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
My 8 White Leghorn pullets are the friendliest breed I have ever raised. And I have raised quite a few breeds, and some of my breeds include Silkies, EE's, Brahma's, Australorps, etc. But still, my...
I purchased the Premium Chickenguard controller box only about 4 months ago. The motor can handle 2.2lbs and my aluminum door only weight .8lb, which heavy enough to close the door. I purchased...
Very good breed. I have one Buff Brahma pullet named Annika. Like I said up there she's very sweet and gentle towards people butt gets bullied easily by my older hens but she's still a baby so...
Overall I'd say they're a very good breed. I have two Amber Whites named Jelly-Bean aka The Bean and Merlina. They are both very friendly and do very well with my younger brother and sister, they...
I've never bothered with purchasing Happy Hen Treat Mealworms, because I just purchase the mealworms for wild birds. Same exact thing for nearly half the price. And you probably even get more...
Show Off Your American Gamefowl!!! - Page 1295
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #12942 of 178683/25/16 at 7:32ampost #12943 of 178683/25/16 at 7:35ampost #12944 of 178683/25/16 at 8:52am
Havent got a picture yet but my best hen just hatched 17-20 chicks in the neighbors yard. Need to get her and her clutch before they start making big mess/racket.
Edited by JShubin - 3/25/16 at 8:52ampost #12945 of 178683/25/16 at 9:47ampost #12946 of 178683/25/16 at 9:57am
Not exactly, but it already happened 4 weeks ago with a different hen. I have an idea but I dont have a direct line of sight from my yard.
I tried to go capture the hen yesterday when he wasnt home, and I saw he had a big pile of chick mash/crumbles on the ground for them. I couldnt capture her by myself, shes too bad ***.post #12947 of 178683/25/16 at 10:13ampost #12948 of 178683/25/16 at 10:18amQuote:
That is awesome! We have had 2 hens go broody within the past week, a Radio hen and a Roundhead. We weren't raising from those hens so I just replaced their eggs with some we were going to put in the incubator. Saves me some work. I gave them each 8 since our temps here are still cold at night. Both hens are now sitting on Penny/Radio eggs. Plus I plan on giving them each a few more chicks from the incubator I set at the same time. They are gonna be busy girls. Broody hens make me happy!post #12949 of 178683/25/16 at 10:20amQuote:
Yeah dark is good. I just wish it wasnt the neighbors yard. I dont want to just jump back there without permission, but the guy is never home it seems. (I can see his truck when he is.)post #12950 of 178683/25/16 at 10:23amQuote:
The only way we can find a free ranging broody's nest usually is wait til you see her come off to eat at feeding time and then follow her back. It is easier said than done though.. they are elusive little buggers and will try to shake you off their trail. lol They are the best nest hiders..
The stag thing works though. You take a stag out of a pen on the other side of the property a free ranging stag isn't used to seeing and put him out in a drop pen or on a tie cord close to where the free ranging stag hangs around, and you can catch the free ranging stag when they go to fighting. Works like a charm.
- Farm Daze
- › Re-Introducing a chicken who was hen pecked! 48 seconds ago
- › Baytril dose? 53 seconds ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 56 seconds ago
- › Black Copper Maran Hatching Eggs 1 minute ago
- › What did you do in the garden today? 1 minute ago
- › What kind of sand is okay for chicken run? 2 minutes ago
- › Campine Chicken thread? 2 minutes ago
- › The Q&A Game! 2 minutes ago
- › Chicken Addition - How many chicks? 3 minutes ago
- › Number of Eggs 3 minutes ago
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.