Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Bad pic. Can u tell breed?? Last post on 6/10/15 at 6:19am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- The Best Layer Last post on 1/17/16 at 8:33am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- What breed is Anna? Lays green eggs. Last post on 10/21/15 at 10:17am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- American serama thread! Last post on 10/17/16 at 9:53pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- The EE braggers thread!!! Last post on Yesterday at 7:58 am in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
These are my absolute favorite chicken. Each one of them has their own personality, as well as their own unique patterns and colors of "flowers". They will run to you when they see you and come...
I have never had a hen, but my friend bought me one, who was crazy, and then all her chickens got stolen. Then she got another one for herself, and that girl is crazy, and then I got one for me,...
We got 5 BO chicks when we first started out, two of which turned out to be roos, one of which is still alive and he is amazing. Super gentle, especially with younger hens, and is only a little -...
If I was going to have only one breed forever, it would very likely be EE's. If I sit down outside, I've got 5 chickens trying to fit on my lap! They are one of the few chickens I let little kids...
I love my brahmas. My three buff brahmas are BBF's - constantly hanging out - ALL. DAY. LONG. They were raised by a broody hen and are still quite happy to come up and sit in your lap. My light...
Show Off Your American Gamefowl!!! - Page 1308post #13072 of 177713/30/16 at 3:41pmpost #13073 of 177713/30/16 at 3:42pmpost #13074 of 177713/30/16 at 3:43pmQuote:
A few of my penned hens do this.. or they eat them same day as they lay them... I dont know what to do to stop them.post #13075 of 177713/30/16 at 3:47pmQuote:
Oh I just realized you said they are hatching eggs... thats werid..
If anything I have a hard time taking hens off bad eggs, so they will take care of the chicks and stop brooding. I find it common for a hen to kill or neglect an early hatching.. I often find the first one crushed and dried up. while they wait for the majority to hatch.
Edited by JShubin - 3/30/16 at 3:49pmpost #13076 of 177713/30/16 at 3:48pmpost #13077 of 177713/30/16 at 3:49pmpost #13078 of 177713/30/16 at 3:55pmpost #13079 of 177713/30/16 at 3:57pm
- Farm Daze
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 31 seconds ago
- › HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally & BantyChooks 35 seconds ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 35 seconds ago
- › *In the Arctic* A Fox RP 42 seconds ago
- › Egg Incubated on Heating Pad from Day 13 to Day 20 Hatches! 45 seconds ago
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 49 seconds ago
- › Not an Emergency...Marek's in the Flock 1 minute ago
- › The Duck Ladie's (And her ducks') Thread! 1 minute ago
- › Mixing young and older. 2 minutes ago
- › What is this chicken thinking? 2 minutes ago
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Orpington by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Brahma by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Ideal Poultry salmon faverolles by mangobees
- › Chick-N-Hutch Chicken Hutch - 1490 by The Duck Ladie
- › Silver Appleyard by hooktontravel
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.
- › Don't Know Where To Find/Ask/Post...
- › A Flock Tale