Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Bad pic. Can u tell breed?? Last post on 6/10/15 at 6:19am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- The Best Layer Last post on 1/17/16 at 8:33am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- What breed is Anna? Lays green eggs. Last post on 10/21/15 at 10:17am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- American serama thread! Last post on Today at 1:31 pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- The EE braggers thread!!! Last post on 10/19/16 at 7:58am in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
I purchased the standard Chickenguard controller box only about 4 months ago. The motor can handle 1.5lbs and my aluminum door only weigh .8lb, which heavy enough to close the door. I purchased...
Very good breed. I have one Buff Brahma pullet named Annika. Like I said up there she's very sweet and gentle towards people butt gets bullied easily by my older hens but she's still a baby so...
Overall I'd say they're a very good breed. I have two Amber Whites named Jelly-Bean aka The Bean and Merlina. They are both very friendly and do very well with my younger brother and sister, they...
I've never bothered with purchasing Happy Hen Treat Mealworms, because I just purchase the mealworms for wild birds. Same exact thing for nearly half the price. And you probably even get more...
I have been raising buff Orpingtons for years now, and they never cease to entertain me. My favorite hen, Brooklyn is one of the best layer hens I've ever had. She is a awesome mother (has hatched...
Show Off Your American Gamefowl!!! - Page 1343
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #13422 of 178604/13/16 at 10:29ampost #13423 of 178604/13/16 at 10:56am
I have a friend who swears his grandpa was the one who raised and bred the penny hatches,. He doesnt claim that his grandpa was the owner, but the handler/friend I guess. I take it with a grain of salt tho, this guy has lots of stories lolpost #13424 of 178604/13/16 at 11:16ampost #13425 of 178604/13/16 at 11:21am
haha yea but that was a different story about his time in Ozarks.
He doesnt have any rooster or anything, but he knew the name penny hatch along with some other info I was surprised to hear, especially from someone who never owned chickens/gamefowl.. so it may be partly true.
Edited by JShubin - 4/13/16 at 11:23ampost #13426 of 178604/13/16 at 11:27ampost #13427 of 178604/13/16 at 11:31ampost #13428 of 178604/13/16 at 11:31am
Grey is my weakness, someday maybe I can get some. Most all games are beautiful birds but my wife would kill me if I had a bunch around.
All I have right now is some half bloods out of a grey from some eggs I bought off ebay, the other half is buff cochin white leghorn cross. five hens setting and wishing I would leave some eggs for them and a greyish colored rooster and a red pyle marked rooster.post #13429 of 178604/13/16 at 11:34ampost #13430 of 178604/13/16 at 11:46amI was told this is a red Pyle cross but I don't know my wife picked him because she loved his look and the way he carries him self. I would appreciate any info ya'll might have. We have him in with our EE hens.[IMG] clicked wrong picture you can see him in next post
Edited by Tkimble - 4/13/16 at 11:50am
- Farm Daze
- › Lets count to a million 28 seconds ago
- › *In the Arctic* A Fox RP 42 seconds ago
- › It's a Strange World, After All - A mythical role play 1 minute ago
- › Surviving Minnesota! 1 minute ago
- › Electric fencing 1 minute ago
- › Blue Orpingtons 1 minute ago
- › Hen hatching but house raising. 2 minutes ago
- › A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100. 2 minutes ago
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 3 minutes ago
- › Small-time-newbie-chicken-lover in South Africa 3 minutes ago
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.