Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Bad pic. Can u tell breed?? Last post on 6/10/15 at 6:19am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- The Best Layer Last post on 1/17/16 at 8:33am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- What breed is Anna? Lays green eggs. Last post on 10/21/15 at 10:17am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- American serama thread! Last post on Yesterday at 1:31 pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- The EE braggers thread!!! Last post on 10/19/16 at 7:58am in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
Can't seem to get any tech support. Can't seem to reset it. Alarm was very annoying while trying to figure out why it won't climb to set temps.
I have one specific polish that I have owned for over five years now and she is still my favorite bird. She (and all of the other polish) will perch on my shoulder and will literally act...
My 8 White Leghorn pullets are the friendliest breed I have ever raised. And I have raised quite a few breeds, and some of my breeds include Silkies, EE's, Brahma's, Australorps, etc. But still, my...
I purchased the Premium Chickenguard controller box only about 4 months ago. The motor can handle 2.2lbs and my aluminum door only weight .8lb, which heavy enough to close the door. I purchased...
Very good breed. I have one Buff Brahma pullet named Annika. Like I said up there she's very sweet and gentle towards people butt gets bullied easily by my older hens but she's still a baby so...
Show Off Your American Gamefowl!!! - Page 1344
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #13432 of 178704/13/16 at 12:13pmpost #13433 of 178704/13/16 at 12:57pmpost #13434 of 178704/13/16 at 1:07pmI would also go two weeks but it usually doesn't take that long. I have proof, with breeding a grey over mug and then ruble over mug. It was less than 7 days. New sperm kills old sperm. I had one hen go 15 days still fertile with no rooster, but she was by herself. New rooster in with her it would have been less. I would rather wait the two weeks or so to be sure.
Have seen where other guys say they had a hen stay fertile for over 30 days though.
I wonder if the new rooster is mating the hen often if it would be sooner.
I looked this up for hours and hours one night and I believe I found where it was the second egg with a new rooster should be good.
By the way the info wasn't from other forums or anything like that. It was a long boring pdf file from some university.
Edited by roosterhavoc - 4/13/16 at 1:40pmpost #13435 of 178704/13/16 at 1:25pm
Definitely not a full game rooster. Tail too short and his body is too soft.
But he holds himself well and has really cool colors. I wouldnt mind have a game rooster with those colors.post #13436 of 178704/13/16 at 1:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by allenw
Grey is my weakness, someday maybe I can get some. Most all games are beautiful birds but my wife would kill me if I had a bunch around.
All I have right now is some half bloods out of a grey from some eggs I bought off ebay, the other half is buff cochin white leghorn cross. five hens setting and wishing I would leave some eggs for them and a greyish colored rooster and a red pyle marked rooster.
My wife feels the same way, doesn't stop me. lol She knows not to give me an ultimatum, because she wouldn't like the answer.
If you do get some gamefowl, it would be best to start with pure gamefowl, because adding your non-game crosses would probably dilute their vigorpost #13437 of 178704/13/16 at 1:48pmQuote:
I was told he was a Red Pyle cross not told what with. My wife picked him because of his colors and the way he carried himself.post #13438 of 178704/13/16 at 1:52pmQuote:
yeah he has red pyle feathering on body but his tail color is typically seen on black breasted red. which is an unusual combination I dont think I have ever seen.post #13439 of 178704/13/16 at 1:52pmpost #13440 of 178704/13/16 at 1:56pmQuote:
lol you're probably right.
please dont tell my wife I said that .
- Farm Daze
- › *Buff Orpington Thread!* 49 seconds ago
- › Sexing Day Old Chicks 3 minutes ago
- › When Do Button Quail Chicks Start Eating? 8 minutes ago
- › 3 drakes, 1 hen...Help! 9 minutes ago
- › North Idaho / Eastern Washington 11 minutes ago
- › My Broody Hen and Lice/Mites 14 minutes ago
- › Current Movies - Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN 16 minutes ago
- › Silkie Cross Thread!! PICS!! 18 minutes ago
- › Americano Blue's musher/mushing chat thread 18 minutes ago
- › Ugh! Stupid young rooster... 18 minutes ago
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.