Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Bad pic. Can u tell breed?? Last post on 6/10/15 at 6:19am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- The Best Layer Last post on 1/17/16 at 8:33am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- What breed is Anna? Lays green eggs. Last post on 10/21/15 at 10:17am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- American serama thread! Last post on Yesterday at 1:31 pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- The EE braggers thread!!! Last post on 10/19/16 at 7:58am in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
I purchased the Premium Chickenguard controller box only about 4 months ago. The motor can handle 2.2lbs and my aluminum door only weight .8lb, which heavy enough to close the door. I purchased...
Very good breed. I have one Buff Brahma pullet named Annika. Like I said up there she's very sweet and gentle towards people butt gets bullied easily by my older hens but she's still a baby so...
Overall I'd say they're a very good breed. I have two Amber Whites named Jelly-Bean aka The Bean and Merlina. They are both very friendly and do very well with my younger brother and sister, they...
I've never bothered with purchasing Happy Hen Treat Mealworms, because I just purchase the mealworms for wild birds. Same exact thing for nearly half the price. And you probably even get more...
I have been raising buff Orpingtons for years now, and they never cease to entertain me. My favorite hen, Brooklyn is one of the best layer hens I've ever had. She is a awesome mother (has hatched...
Show Off Your American Gamefowl!!! - Page 1386
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #13852 of 178635/8/16 at 8:14ampost #13853 of 178635/8/16 at 8:23ampost #13854 of 178635/8/16 at 8:28ampost #13855 of 178635/8/16 at 8:30ampost #13856 of 178635/8/16 at 8:34ampost #13857 of 178635/8/16 at 8:42ampost #13858 of 178635/8/16 at 2:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by LinnmarieQuote:Oh I believe it. I hopped to the side so fast and landed right in the stream. Timber rattlers are different than most. From what I've learned about them afterwards you practically have to step on them for them to bite. I couldn't have gotten any closer! If that was a cottonmouth I would have most likely gotten bit. I ran over a baby timber rattler two years ago on a dirt trail where I always hunt/fish/trap and never seen them before.Originally Posted by roosterhavoc
Oh h*ll no. Iol about 6 yrs ago I was backpacking and fly fishing in PA. I was way back into about the most rugged area of the state down in a ravine trying to locate the headwaters of a wild trout stream. Long story short like a dumb*ss I hopped off a log and over some brush where I couldn't see what was on the other side. I landed no more than 6 inches from a coiled up timber rattler. It was a black phase with a yellow rattle. Why he didn't bite me I still don't know. Not sure I would have made it out of there. I was close to 10 miles to the nearest logging road, almost all uphill, some light climbing. Passed two more that rattled the next morning on the way out. Haven't been back there since and don't plan on it either.[/quote
I had a similar experience hiking out from the fishing hole in the Sierras I just happened to look down before I took the next step and there was about a dozen little tiny baby rattlers right at my feet Coming out from under a rock ..Idid a reverse walk you couldn't believe..post #13859 of 178635/8/16 at 5:58pm
- Farm Daze
Currently, there are 1563 Active Users (162 Members and 1401 Guests)
- › Anime Chat Thread 2016! All Are Welcome! 10 seconds ago
- › Is this a young lady? 50 seconds ago
- › Poultry school, Enroll Today! (chickens/ducks/geese,Any poultry!) 1 minute ago
- › Sooo exciting ! 1 minute ago
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 1 minute ago
- › *In the Arctic* A Fox RP 1 minute ago
- › First Time Hatching with a Broody Hen in Mid-October 1 minute ago
- › Lets count to a million 1 minute ago
- › What breed is Eleanor? 2 minutes ago
- › Finding Niegerian Dwarves bred specifically for Dairy production. 2 minutes ago
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.