Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Bad pic. Can u tell breed?? Last post on 6/10/15 at 6:19am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- The Best Layer Last post on 1/17/16 at 8:33am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- What breed is Anna? Lays green eggs. Last post on 10/21/15 at 10:17am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- American serama thread! Last post on 10/22/16 at 1:31pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- The EE braggers thread!!! Last post on 10/19/16 at 7:58am in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
I bought a one of these this summer. It is fantastic. It will pluck 2 birds in 10-15 seconds. My son in law and I cleaned 20 birds in less than 90 minutes. At the end of 90 minutes they were...
Mini Ecos are a great choice for those who want a quality small incubator but don't want to break the bank. Although you will have to turn the eggs yourself and the temperature readout is not...
A Brinsea Mini was my first incubator and it will be my last too. It is a high quality small incubator for the backyard hobbyist; no, you can't hatch a ton of chicks out of it, but it's ideal for...
Show Off Your American Gamefowl!!! - Page 1401post #14002 of 179215/19/16 at 3:50pmpost #14003 of 179215/19/16 at 3:50pmpost #14004 of 179215/19/16 at 4:06pmpost #14005 of 179215/19/16 at 5:36pmpost #14006 of 179215/19/16 at 7:11pmpost #14007 of 179215/20/16 at 4:52amTo show how bad the predators are around here the siblings to my gifted chicks were first let out to free range next morning all but 7 dead or missing. So that leaves 19 left total. I don't know how many died but it was a good bit. I know shubin prolly thinks of me more of a warden than a keeper but that's why
Edited by sdm111 - 5/20/16 at 4:52ampost #14008 of 179215/20/16 at 6:56amQuote:Were they left out at night too? I let mine out during the day but pen them back up (which is a project) at nightOriginally Posted by sdm111
To show how bad the predators are around here the siblings to my gifted chicks were first let out to free range next morning all but 7 dead or missing. So that leaves 19 left total. I don't know how many died but it was a good bit. I know shubin prolly thinks of me more of a warden than a keeper but that's whypost #14009 of 179215/20/16 at 7:50amQuote:Originally Posted by sdm111
To show how bad the predators are around here the siblings to my gifted chicks were first let out to free range next morning all but 7 dead or missing. So that leaves 19 left total. I don't know how many died but it was a good bit. I know shubin prolly thinks of me more of a warden than a keeper but that's why
I cant say anything, your survivor rate is much higher than I am doing...
And our situations are different, I have a fenced property with dogs running it, so I have protection from most critters. And I'm surrounded by other homes on 3 sides in a suburban setting. You are open to dense wilderness area. I've been to Lousiana, the wildlife has got to be 10x compared to my meager desert.
Edited by JShubin - 5/20/16 at 8:41ampost #14010 of 179215/20/16 at 7:52amQuote:
I put all my motherless chicks in the shed at night. In the morning I blow the predator call and turn them loose for the day.
Edited by JShubin - 5/20/16 at 7:57am
- Farm Daze
- › cold dead chicks - can I bring them back? 3 minutes ago
- › DUCKs! Anconas, Muscovy, Calls and Silkie Ducks 4 minutes ago
- › The NEW Crazy 24hr AUCTION thread 6 minutes ago
- › My Broody Hen and Lice/Mites 13 minutes ago
- › Hi everyone! Question on our Roosters behavior 13 minutes ago
- › Newbie Duck Owner! 15 minutes ago
- › I need advice please 16 minutes ago
- › The Old Folks Home 19 minutes ago
- › mesite and seedsnipe 20 minutes ago
- › What is "good coop ventilation" for the winter months mean? 21 minutes ago
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page