Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Bad pic. Can u tell breed?? Last post on 6/10/15 at 6:19am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- The Best Layer Last post on 1/17/16 at 8:33am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- What breed is Anna? Lays green eggs. Last post on 10/21/15 at 10:17am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- American serama thread! Last post on Today at 1:31 pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- The EE braggers thread!!! Last post on 10/19/16 at 7:58am in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
I purchased the Premium Chickenguard controller box only about 4 months ago. The motor can handle 2.2lbs and my aluminum door only weight .8lb, which heavy enough to close the door. I purchased...
Very good breed. I have one Buff Brahma pullet named Annika. Like I said up there she's very sweet and gentle towards people butt gets bullied easily by my older hens but she's still a baby so...
Overall I'd say they're a very good breed. I have two Amber Whites named Jelly-Bean aka The Bean and Merlina. They are both very friendly and do very well with my younger brother and sister, they...
I've never bothered with purchasing Happy Hen Treat Mealworms, because I just purchase the mealworms for wild birds. Same exact thing for nearly half the price. And you probably even get more...
I have been raising buff Orpingtons for years now, and they never cease to entertain me. My favorite hen, Brooklyn is one of the best layer hens I've ever had. She is a awesome mother (has hatched...
Show Off Your American Gamefowl!!! - Page 1410
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #14092 of 178605/26/16 at 6:32pmpost #14093 of 178605/26/16 at 6:45pmpost #14094 of 178605/27/16 at 9:45ampost #14095 of 178605/27/16 at 10:34amQuote:Originally Posted by roosterhavoc
Lol believe it or not I can tell what every single bird is by looking at them. It's getting harder though. I have a few penny/WH with green legs and yellow. Those are punched anyway but I still know by a glance. My wife wonders the same thing. Says there might be something wrong with me. Either way it's all written down in my notebook for reference.
That is awesome. I can do the same, except for incubated chipmunk chicks, complete guess until traits start to appear.
I usually know the cock but this year I incubated eggs from several single mating pens and mix the chicks together.post #14096 of 178605/27/16 at 10:54am
its a mess lol
but I'll only keep what is able ot survive and meets my quality standard. I am nearly out of pens so this year I have a feeling I wont be keeping much unless they are exceptional.
Edited by JShubin - 5/27/16 at 10:54ampost #14097 of 178605/27/16 at 11:03ampost #14098 of 178605/27/16 at 11:13ampost #14099 of 178605/27/16 at 11:27am
This is true. I think about it a lot. haha.
I've even picked up a dead hen (killed by goat stomp, several years ago now) and stood there with the knife for a couple minutes. Didn't have the balls to do it. Unfortunately I wasnt raised to see people do this and I have a hard time for some reason. Maybe Im just not hungry enough lolpost #14100 of 178605/27/16 at 11:32am
I also think if I had chicken that were "meant" for eating I may have a different mind set. If I had some meat birds that all look the same, I think I would have an easier time.
I see my gamefowl as my own children and have attachment to them.
- Farm Daze
- › The last letter Game 2 minutes ago
- › HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally & BantyChooks 5 minutes ago
- › are those fecal float dispensers or containers worthwhile for at... 6 minutes ago
- › Toddlers are Quackers 7 minutes ago
- › Is this a young lady? 8 minutes ago
- › GAMES FOR EGGS 9 minutes ago
- › B.Y.C. Dorking Club! 10 minutes ago
- › OMG!!!! WHAT ELSE CAN GO WRONG!!! 12 minutes ago
- › BREEDING FOR PRODUCTION...EGGS AND OR MEAT. 12 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? 13 minutes ago
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.