Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Bad pic. Can u tell breed?? Last post on 6/10/15 at 6:19am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- The Best Layer Last post on 1/17/16 at 8:33am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- What breed is Anna? Lays green eggs. Last post on 10/21/15 at 10:17am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- American serama thread! Last post on 10/22/16 at 1:31pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- The EE braggers thread!!! Last post on 10/19/16 at 7:58am in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
Show Off Your American Gamefowl!!! - Page 1436
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #14352 of 179216/7/16 at 10:59am
haha you called her bluff.
What stag did it go against?post #14353 of 179216/7/16 at 12:05pm
Edited by roosterhavoc - 6/7/16 at 12:06pmpost #14354 of 179216/7/16 at 12:11pmQuote:Not sure. He looks identical to what his father looked like, so mostly black with a little red just under his eye toward his mouth.
Although the stags comb is half black, fathers was more red.post #14355 of 179216/7/16 at 12:11pmQuote:How many chicks did u lose?Originally Posted by JShubin
I dont think I am doing anything different.
I have goats and dove this year.. last year I didnt. And now I have more straw on the ground, just from goat hay scattering.
Most of my incubated chicks were eaten this year (except 4 or 5)... and I haven't incubated anything since. So most of my youngster are hen hatched, which may help.post #14356 of 179216/7/16 at 1:12pm
probably two dozen or more.
Edited by JShubin - 6/7/16 at 1:27pmpost #14357 of 179216/7/16 at 1:30pm
Still have a lot running around.. probably 40 on the ground, and another 20 in brooders (I stole them from mama hens).
I should actually count instead of guessing.post #14358 of 179216/7/16 at 1:37pmpost #14359 of 179216/7/16 at 2:26pmQuote:
yeah sounds like a lot hard work.. Fighting mama hens and chasing chicks. While trying to keep track of numbers and breeds... wow
Edited by JShubin - 6/7/16 at 2:26pmpost #14360 of 179216/7/16 at 3:26pm
- Farm Daze
- › chicks and ducks together 1 minute ago
- › Redwood Incubator - Leahy Favorite ARTICLE with Pic 3 minutes ago
- › Broody Hen Thread! 6 minutes ago
- › BYC Café 10 minutes ago
- › Not an Emergency...Marek's in the Flock 22 minutes ago
- › please help, I just noticed this black spot on comb... 26 minutes ago
- › Surviving Minnesota! 31 minutes ago
- › Instruction manual for Brower Incubator 846 39 minutes ago
- › Confused about protein levels. - Don't fix what ain't broke? 40 minutes ago
- › Dixie Chicks 45 minutes ago
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page