Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Bad pic. Can u tell breed?? Last post on 6/10/15 at 6:19am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- The Best Layer Last post on 1/17/16 at 8:33am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- What breed is Anna? Lays green eggs. Last post on 10/21/15 at 10:17am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- American serama thread! Last post on 10/22/16 at 1:31pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- The EE braggers thread!!! Last post on 10/19/16 at 7:58am in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
I bought a one of these this summer. It is fantastic. It will pluck 2 birds in 10-15 seconds. My son in law and I cleaned 20 birds in less than 90 minutes. At the end of 90 minutes they were...
Mini Ecos are a great choice for those who want a quality small incubator but don't want to break the bank. Although you will have to turn the eggs yourself and the temperature readout is not...
A Brinsea Mini was my first incubator and it will be my last too. It is a high quality small incubator for the backyard hobbyist; no, you can't hatch a ton of chicks out of it, but it's ideal for...
Show Off Your American Gamefowl!!! - Page 928
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #9272 of 1792210/21/15 at 3:16ampost #9273 of 1792210/21/15 at 3:20amI wouldn't put money on getting all splash from splash cock and splash hen. And yes that's splash
And not to u but to the lurkers, oh well it is what it is. ( That's about these birds v/s what those books say ). Sorry been down this road before where people tell me what they do via a book and I SEE otherwise, anyway good morning lol
There's a pic I posted I'll try to find with the two solid blue chickens with their all white brood which if I remember correctly were all splash except for the 2 very light blue pullets u liked
Edited by sdm111 - 10/21/15 at 3:57ampost #9274 of 1792210/21/15 at 4:15ampost #9275 of 1792210/21/15 at 4:18ampost #9276 of 1792210/21/15 at 4:27amHa good morning first off I have nothing but respect for u I know what u do however these don't play by those rules lol. U should mate those and mate the solid blue hen to the solid blue cock and report back in the spring I think you will be surprised
Btw can u make me a dinosaur, just one NOT a pair lol
Edited by sdm111 - 10/21/15 at 4:31ampost #9277 of 1792210/21/15 at 9:00amQuote:
If you already have the sumatras and want to add game blood, then go for it!
It sounds like you want to experiment with breeding and seeing what results you get. I do this a lot. I recently have been experimenting with adding Modern Game blood line to my American games. I got the same criticism for adding non-game blood, but I am happy with the results, and will continue experimenting mixing different game breeds.
There is a chance you dilute the gameness of the game line, but it will probably add gameness to your sumatra line. If you keep the right offspring, with all the qualities you mentioned than you reduce the chance of having dunghill (fake game) chickens in future breeding.
One of my American x Spanish x Modern Game crosses I recently sold....
Edited by JShubin - 10/21/15 at 9:07ampost #9278 of 1792210/21/15 at 9:46ampost #9279 of 1792210/21/15 at 10:11amQuote:Oh it's coming. I don't have much time right now.
Once you add the non game blood it's there forever and most would never take a chance with them. For your own amusement hell add a silkie to the mix too. Just don't sell em as gamefowl.post #9280 of 1792210/21/15 at 10:40amWith the laws what they are it is difficult at best to select for absolute gameness. Most would be better starting with a good known line of gamefowl IMO.
For just screwing around and breeding all types of things together knock yourself out. It's not my thing as I'm sure your not gonna come up with some combination that hasn't been done already anytime soon.
Don't think for a second though that they are or will be real gamefowl not matter how many "gamey" attributes the birds have. What matters is once the going gets good, do they keep going?? Not many are able to find that out anymore.
Edited by roosterhavoc - 10/21/15 at 10:40am
- Farm Daze
- › Cold weather care just now
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 8 seconds ago
- › Anything Art :) 1 minute ago
- › Topic of the Week - Feeding Chickens - What to feed and when? 1 minute ago
- › It's a Strange World, After All - A mythical role play 1 minute ago
- › Poultry school, Enroll Today! (chickens/ducks/geese,Any poultry!) 2 minutes ago
- › Pennsylvania!! Unite!! 2 minutes ago
- › New member 2 minutes ago
- › Lazy or sick chicken? 3 minutes ago
- › Mountain Peeps's Chat Thread...Continued! 4 minutes ago
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Tips to Create a Chicken Coop That You and...
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms