Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Bad pic. Can u tell breed?? Last post on 6/10/15 at 6:19am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- The Best Layer Last post on 1/17/16 at 8:33am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- What breed is Anna? Lays green eggs. Last post on 10/21/15 at 10:17am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- American serama thread! Last post on 10/17/16 at 9:53pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- The EE braggers thread!!! Last post on Yesterday at 7:58 am in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
These are my absolute favorite chicken. Each one of them has their own personality, as well as their own unique patterns and colors of "flowers". They will run to you when they see you and come...
I have never had a hen, but my friend bought me one, who was crazy, and then all her chickens got stolen. Then she got another one for herself, and that girl is crazy, and then I got one for me,...
We got 5 BO chicks when we first started out, two of which turned out to be roos, one of which is still alive and he is amazing. Super gentle, especially with younger hens, and is only a little -...
If I was going to have only one breed forever, it would very likely be EE's. If I sit down outside, I've got 5 chickens trying to fit on my lap! They are one of the few chickens I let little kids...
I love my brahmas. My three buff brahmas are BBF's - constantly hanging out - ALL. DAY. LONG. They were raised by a broody hen and are still quite happy to come up and sit in your lap. My light...
Show Off Your American Gamefowl!!! - Page 932
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #9312 of 1776910/21/15 at 3:21pmpost #9313 of 1776910/21/15 at 3:32pm
I dont have any whites available, but I will next year. Ill send you some eggs in the spring because I know your dying to prove me wrong.... but I think you'll be surprised.post #9314 of 1776910/21/15 at 3:34pmpost #9315 of 1776910/21/15 at 3:40pmEverything considered eventually gamefowl will not be the same in years to come because of the laws. By mix breeding them willy nilly with non game breeds you guys are just expediting that process. Like I said to each their own. There will still be a few guys who stick to the old ways of life chickens, trapping, hunting,eating what they kill etc.. For as long as they can. Modern times, the laws and all the new more ethical more humane ways of doing things these scholars have developed is ruining everything.
That's my rant for today.post #9316 of 1776910/21/15 at 3:44pmQuote:Believe me I know anything can happen. I'm sure there are stories out there of
a RIR rooster that was unstoppable. Most are actually pretty aggressive. You never know but as a rule modern games are diluting your gene pool, gotta be.
Edited by roosterhavoc - 10/21/15 at 3:45pmpost #9317 of 1776910/21/15 at 3:49pmSpeaking of whites I have a white rooster for feathers that's a mean sob. He only has one spur. Many of my fly tying roosters have gamefowl in them. That's where the colors come from. I'm telling you he's a piece of work. Kicks the pen but when I go to grab him he runs like the wind. I let him wail on me one day. What a joke. He couldn't even hurt my hand with his spurs. He just don't have the same qualities. Not meant to be. Everything has its purpose. I know it's not the same but a game mix of any sort ain't the same as actual gamefowl. If I did the same thing with that black I have he would probably break my hand.
Edited by roosterhavoc - 10/21/15 at 3:53pmpost #9318 of 1776910/21/15 at 3:57pmpost #9319 of 1776910/21/15 at 4:06pmEverybody knows I'm all against dipping into the regular chicken world with games however I know shubins chickens I hope aren't gonna really go anywhere. To be clear I mean shubin, u not trying to breed something new to sell as whatever u doing it to see what happens with no malice intent. So that's cool with me its the people that as havoc says breed Willy nilly and let theirs out to the world to dilute unknowing people. That's it the out the loop unknowing of real games people that either don't know no better or don't care that's ******* them up
Like the I thought moderns are 100% real. Nothing personal to the poster but they are uneducated. And lets face it if u don't know u don't know and there's wayyy more yard art games out there than the real deal and quite honestly it's almost impossible to acquire the real deal if you're just for lack of a better term cold calling for birds. It takes a lot of time and knowledge and money to get a hold of some if u don't know anyone. AND, AND one other thing people can't be hypocritical and want Gamefowl yet don't want to hear about fighting. It's what they are
It's what they do oh well.
- Farm Daze
Currently, there are 1803 Active Users (204 Members and 1599 Guests)
- › Icelandic Chickens 9 seconds ago
- › guinea eggs 22 seconds ago
- › TheLukeMeister's Chat Thread!!! 34 seconds ago
- › LF Chocolate Orpington Eggs 1 minute ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 1 minute ago
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 1 minute ago
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 2 minutes ago
- › Keep a word, drop a word! 2 minutes ago
- › Brinsea Improved and expanded Mini and Ovation incubators 2 minutes ago
- › HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally & BantyChooks 3 minutes ago
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Orpington by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Brahma by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Ideal Poultry salmon faverolles by mangobees
- › Chick-N-Hutch Chicken Hutch - 1490 by The Duck Ladie
- › Silver Appleyard by hooktontravel
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.
- › Don't Know Where To Find/Ask/Post...
- › A Flock Tale