Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Bad pic. Can u tell breed?? Last post on 6/10/15 at 6:19am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- The Best Layer Last post on 1/17/16 at 8:33am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- What breed is Anna? Lays green eggs. Last post on 10/21/15 at 10:17am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- American serama thread! Last post on 10/22/16 at 1:31pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- The EE braggers thread!!! Last post on 10/19/16 at 7:58am in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
If ever I had to restrict myself to a single breed to meat all of my meat, egg and "chicken therapy" needs, this would be the one. Not only are my NNs prolific layers of large to jumbo sized...
I love this product. I cannot believe no one has reviewed it yet. I started with the chick version- and moved up to this. While at work all day, I wanted to keep my girls busy. This product is...
I bought one of these when I first got my birds- I have since converted it to an oyster-shell dispenser- works wonderfully for that function in my coop. This past summer, I bought a second one to...
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
Show Off Your American Gamefowl!!! - Page 944
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #9432 of 1796110/23/15 at 3:56pm
I am ****** they are hunting bears in Florida... They want to limit human-bear interactions by hunting 300 of the 3500 bears in the state... I dont think the problem is the bear population, its the 20 million people population.post #9433 of 1796110/23/15 at 4:02pmpost #9434 of 1796110/23/15 at 4:02pmpost #9435 of 1796110/23/15 at 4:08pmpost #9436 of 1796110/23/15 at 4:23pmQuote:Of course it's the human population that's the problem. That's where the conflict is. Generally it's widely accepted that humans are regarded a little higher than animals.
Shubin you need to remember there isn't an ethical hunter out there that wants to destroy a population of wild animals. Take me for example. I love to hunt, fish and trap. If there weren't any left i wouldn't have anything to do.post #9437 of 1796110/23/15 at 4:25pmpost #9438 of 1796110/23/15 at 4:29pmShubin are you p*ssed that the natives in Alaska and Canada kill fur seals too? They've been doing that long before your ancestors arrived on these shores. Never once have they annihilated a population. It's use for survival. The majority of the raccoon pelts harvested in the US go to Russia for coats for warmth. It's not all $6000 coats for NFL and NBA players. Not to mention it's a renewable resource no matter whether or not you can control your emotions.
Might wanna look into the very companies that make the products that you wear and occupy space in your house. I think you'll be surprised at the environmental damage caused by producing these goods. Not so with regulated hunting and trapping.post #9439 of 1796110/23/15 at 4:33pmpost #9440 of 1796110/23/15 at 4:39pm
- Farm Daze
Currently, there are 1619 Active Users (206 Members and 1413 Guests)
- › Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat -... 2 seconds ago
- › The Old Folks Home 5 seconds ago
- › I think I've done something wrong 12 seconds ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 30 seconds ago
- › FOWL Pumpkin Eating Photo Contest! Halloween Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/... 1 minute ago
- › FOWL Celebrity Lookalike Contest! Halloween Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/... 1 minute ago
- › Breed and sex these please? 1 minute ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 1 minute ago
- › Official BYC Contest - Chicken and Egg Recipes - Win a BYC Cookbook! 2 minutes ago
- › Pennsylvania!! Unite!! 2 minutes ago
- › Naked Neck-turken by DesertChic
- › Resolve Sustainable Solutions Farmer's Helper HotCake Poultry... by KrisCVT
- › Little Giant Hanging Waterer by KrisCVT
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Gramma's No Time To Cook Chicken Chicken
- › Essential Oils and chickens!
- › Tips to Create a Chicken Coop That You and...
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age