Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Bad pic. Can u tell breed?? Last post on 6/10/15 at 6:19am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- The Best Layer Last post on 1/17/16 at 8:33am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- What breed is Anna? Lays green eggs. Last post on 10/21/15 at 10:17am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- American serama thread! Last post on 10/22/16 at 1:31pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- The EE braggers thread!!! Last post on 10/19/16 at 7:58am in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
I bought a one of these this summer. It is fantastic. It will pluck 2 birds in 10-15 seconds. My son in law and I cleaned 20 birds in less than 90 minutes. At the end of 90 minutes they were...
Mini Ecos are a great choice for those who want a quality small incubator but don't want to break the bank. Although you will have to turn the eggs yourself and the temperature readout is not...
A Brinsea Mini was my first incubator and it will be my last too. It is a high quality small incubator for the backyard hobbyist; no, you can't hatch a ton of chicks out of it, but it's ideal for...
Show Off Your American Gamefowl!!! - Page 951
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #9502 of 1792210/25/15 at 12:44pmpost #9503 of 1792210/25/15 at 12:44pmpost #9504 of 1792210/25/15 at 12:49pmpost #9505 of 1792210/25/15 at 1:07pmQuote:Haven't used the pen in awhile cause it's only got a shade cloth for a roof. Yeah jut some weeds growing through the straw I put down awhile back to dry up the mud.
Just 2 Joe Redmond stags. Those two pullets are mugs. I also have a black/Redmond cross pullet. Those stags should stay about the same color with just the capes and saddles becoming more of a solid white/cream. If they don't there is something else in the mix. We shall see.
Edited by roosterhavoc - 10/25/15 at 1:10pmpost #9506 of 1792210/25/15 at 1:20pmpost #9507 of 1792210/25/15 at 1:59pmQuote:
He looks nice! Looks like he will fit right in. When you say freshen up, do you mean to cross into your blues? Is he a smaller bird? I am not sure, but counting the wire squares he seemed to be a smaller bird...post #9508 of 1792210/25/15 at 2:00pmpost #9509 of 1792210/25/15 at 2:21pmGood eye yeah he's a lil smaller I'm going to breed him to a hen of mine ( just a single mating ) then the offspring of that I'll keep some hens and cocks for specific breeding to my birds. Ima keep my originals separate. I'm not just gonna throw him in the mix. It'll be more of an infusion of a few select birds since they will be bred back to mine to freshen up that side. I know where he came from but still don't want to breed him into mine "Willy nilly"
Edited by sdm111 - 10/25/15 at 2:25pmpost #9510 of 1792210/25/15 at 2:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by sdm111
Good eye yeah he's a lil smaller I'm going to breed him to a hen of mine ( just a single mating ) then the offspring of that I'll keep some hens and cocks for specific breeding to my birds. Ima keep my originals separate. I'm not just gonna throw him in the mix. It'll be more of an infusion of a few select birds since they will be bred back to mine to freshen up that side. I know where he came from but still don't want to breed him into mine "Willy nilly"
I completely understand, sounds like a good plan. I still like him!
- Farm Daze
- › PUMPKIN CARVING Contest- Halloween Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts,... 19 seconds ago
- › Pennsylvania!! Unite!! 28 seconds ago
- › Surviving Minnesota! 40 seconds ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 42 seconds ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 42 seconds ago
- › Two hens suddenly roosting in the run at night. 55 seconds ago
- › Funny/Sad/Happy stories of your chickens 1 minute ago
- › FOWL Pumpkin Eating Photo Contest! Halloween Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/... 1 minute ago
- › My Pet Chicken Ghoulish Giveaway! 1 minute ago
- › The Old Folks Home 1 minute ago
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Tips to Create a Chicken Coop That You and...
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms