Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Bad pic. Can u tell breed?? Last post on 6/10/15 at 6:19am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- The Best Layer Last post on 1/17/16 at 8:33am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- What breed is Anna? Lays green eggs. Last post on 10/21/15 at 10:17am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- American serama thread! Last post on 10/22/16 at 1:31pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- The EE braggers thread!!! Last post on 10/19/16 at 7:58am in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
Can't seem to get any tech support. Can't seem to reset it. Alarm was very annoying while trying to figure out why it won't climb to set temps.
I have one specific polish that I have owned for over five years now and she is still my favorite bird. She (and all of the other polish) will perch on my shoulder and will literally act...
My 8 White Leghorn pullets are the friendliest breed I have ever raised. And I have raised quite a few breeds, and some of my breeds include Silkies, EE's, Brahma's, Australorps, etc. But still, my...
I purchased the Premium Chickenguard controller box only about 4 months ago. The motor can handle 2.2lbs and my aluminum door only weight .8lb, which heavy enough to close the door. I purchased...
Very good breed. I have one Buff Brahma pullet named Annika. Like I said up there she's very sweet and gentle towards people butt gets bullied easily by my older hens but she's still a baby so...
Show Off Your American Gamefowl!!! - Page 961post #9602 of 1787210/27/15 at 10:48ampost #9603 of 1787210/27/15 at 10:52amQuote:
I have not heard this one before... Usually the comb is a better indicator of egg production and sexual activity. If the comb is red and full and it is a hen, she is generally in production. When they go broody or molt, their combs really shrink.
I think the single comb hens look the ugliest when they are setting or molting because the comb shrinks right up.post #9604 of 1787210/27/15 at 10:54amQuote:Originally Posted by sdm111
Shubin in reference to your earlier question about Mexican the red birds are just a lot more common than the blues. Grey's are a lot more common than the blues as well. Blues are considered an off color by most in the game world so are not as popular or wanted a matter of fact. This board has a whole lot more blue talk than in general and I think others would agree
Truth be told blues are looked down upon
I would venture to say blues make up maybe 10% of all fowl on yards but those that have them are dedicated to them
That's too bad. I never saw much about blues in the old books, to be honest, I didn't really see many other birds besides the Reds and Greys... But when I saw my first Blue, I was hooked!post #9605 of 1787210/27/15 at 10:55amQuote:
im actually thinking of dubbing my 2 leg horns but just so they can get better,water and snott gets trapped between the comb and nostril. not my game hens thou, they are pretty as is I prefer the small to pea comb on my game henspost #9606 of 1787210/27/15 at 11:00amQuote:Quote:
shes a bit nuts , every 3rd or 4th day she comes out eats drinks and baths for a few minutes and then goes back in. most other chickens don't come out so often do they?post #9607 of 1787210/27/15 at 11:00ampost #9608 of 1787210/27/15 at 11:07am
I know but this 1 hen has had a runny snot covered nose and comb where it meets the nose and for moths now. I cant help but to think that might be the cause, after the tetracycline treatment if no change that comb is coming offpost #9609 of 1787210/27/15 at 11:13am
- Farm Daze
- › GAMES FOR EGGS 35 seconds ago
- › Chicken Addition - How many chicks? 36 seconds ago
- › The last letter Game 38 seconds ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 1 minute ago
- › Tylan 50 Injection Location and Dosage Questions 1 minute ago
- › Is this Rooster Damage or Molt? 1 minute ago
- › The Old Folks Home 2 minutes ago
- › Help Me! My duck eats her eggs!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Cocci treatment.. Need advice please 3 minutes ago
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 4 minutes ago
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.