so next year we are thinking about getting some ducks but we only want like 5 sso we were hopeing that you can order differents types of poultry in one order but you don't have to use the miniums for all of them for example 5 Standard chicken,5 bantam chicken and 5 standard duck. if you know of a hatchery that does this with a minium of 25 or less please tell me I need to know
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone Ordered from a Hatchery? Last post on 4/15/13 at 7:39pm in Breeds, Genetics, & Showing
- avitrol plus table dosage for young australorps chicks (3 weeks) Last post on 3/9/12 at 9:39am in Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures
- The EE braggers thread!!! Last post on Today at 6:33 am in Breeds, Genetics, & Showing
- Chicken Nutrition- What Your Chicken Needs in Its Feed Last post on 5/5/13 at 8:04pm in Feeding & Watering Your Flock
- Production Reds Last post on Today at 5:49 am in Breeds, Genetics, & Showing
ChooksChick's Hints for Henthusiasts
Edited on 3/30/13
- Easter Egger Chicks in My ShedEdited on 5/14/13
- The Ultimate Medicine Dosing ChartEdited on 10/17/12
- Hatching Eggs 101Edited on 5/21/13
- LilyAshley11's PageEdited on 6/25/12
Buffy is our only Orpington. She is independent, lower on the pecking order, but big, fluffy and likes to cluck. She lays frequently when not broody. She's my only brooder so far that I have...
These are my first chickens, gifts from a daughter for Christmas. Once they started laying, it's rare to have a day without one egg from each hen. They come when I call them, stay close to the...
I have six Japanese Bantams. Five hens and one rooster. Grace, Zoey, Lemon, DeLacey, and DeLaney are the hens, and George Tucker is my rooster. They make up about 1/5 of my chickens. I have all...
I just LOVE my sicilian buttercup, Poppy. Anytime I go outside she loves to hop up onto my back or my arm. She's very curious and loves to he held or played with. I've also noticed that she loves...
My Brown Leghorns are very good natured, and easy to care for. they lay well and lay large eggs. You can count on a dozen plus out of this coop every 4 days with only three hens laying. I get a...
Hatcheriespost #2 of 61/20/12 at 9:10pm
Meyer Hatchery and Ideal do orders of fewer than 25 chicks. Meyer has a "small order" program where you can order as few as 3 chicks. Ideal is much lower shipping, but the minimum order is $25. You can mix and match for that total, though. The ducks I ordered were over $5 apiece, so it wouldn't take that many to reach the minimum there. However, if you don't order at least 25 birds, there is a chance of "males for warmth," where male chicks get stuck in (free of charge) to ensure safe delivery of the others. But then you have to decide what to do with these babies.
Chickens: faverolles, australorps, Delaware, barred rock, welsummer, silver laced wyandotte, lavender and buff x wheaten ameraucanas, BLRW, blue and splash andalusian, cochin, exchequer leghorn, silkie, brabanter, minorca, turken, RIR, brahma, speckled sussex...Ducks: two welsh harlequins, two blue swedish... Two dogs, a snake, two parents and two kids... and food gardens everywhere else.
Chickens: faverolles, australorps, Delaware, barred rock, welsummer, silver laced wyandotte, lavender and buff x wheaten ameraucanas, BLRW, blue and splash andalusian, cochin, exchequer leghorn, silkie, brabanter, minorca, turken, RIR, brahma, speckled sussex...Ducks: two welsh harlequins, two blue swedish... Two dogs, a snake, two parents and two kids... and food gardens everywhere else.post #3 of 61/21/12 at 6:22amThread Starterpost #4 of 66/21/12 at 6:16ampost #5 of 68/5/12 at 12:49pm
Cackle Hatchery has something like the Happy Cackle special or like that, it has a couple ducks, a couple geese, etc. so you can get a few of everything. Also, I've ordered guineas from them year after year and they always arrive alive and live a good long time until coyote visits...(therefore reordering year after year after year....), we also received Red Jungle Fowl and WOW they are great...
- Easter Egger Chicks in My Shed
- › The Old Folks Home 7 seconds ago
- › CSU - Chicken State University- Large Fowl SOP 35 seconds ago
- › Pennsylvania!! Unite!! 37 seconds ago
- › ~The Battle of the Empires~ New RP NEED PLAYERS 1 minute ago
- › What breed is this? 1 minute ago
- › Official BYC Caption Contest 06/17/2013 – Picture by Irishgirl 1 minute ago
- › Farm Related Photography. Pictures are the best Advertisement! 1 minute ago
- › Bay Area BYCers! 2 minutes ago
- › NY chicken lover!!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Pure breed Mystery Chicks 3 minutes ago
- › Orpington by chickenteacher2
- › Red Sex Link by Hogs and Horns
- › Japanese by MoodyBroody622
- › Sicilian Buttercup by Glimmer Otnes
- › White Leghorn Pullets by HershelMS
- › Wyandotte by The Bantam Guy
- › Ameraucana by 1stTimeChikMama
- › Icelandic or Viking Hen by my urban barnyard
- › Plymouth Rock by australorp41
- › Easter Eggers by mrstomcat
- › Wild Thyme Farm's Flock by applegal
- › Cedar Acres Coop! by CedarAcres
- › Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! by SillyChicken
- › The Hunger Games -----Awesome RP - Members Page! by IceFire
- › My wife thinks I've "flown the... by bartholomew82
- › The Royal Chickens of Cluck Caslte by ChickFuentes
- › Darkstar's Palace by elisem
- › Bls5049 Swap page by bls5049
- › Pullet Grower Tractor by Kagen
- › Dead Hen by cortneyh