I have no knowledge about breeding for egg size other than hatch the biggest eggs. (or the smallest, though why anybody would want small eggs, I don't know)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Tiny Beauties,PLEASE tell me what These are!!!!! Last post on 1/29/13 at 6:54am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- any silkie breeders in queensland, australia.? :) Last post on 10/16/12 at 3:36am in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Silkie chicks in Alabama? Last post on 10/16/12 at 3:10pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Silkie Chick Care... too young to bathe? Last post on 4/7/13 at 7:26am in Breeds, Genetics, & Showing
- My new chickens - what breed if any? Last post on 1/21/12 at 8:24am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
Edited on 8/2/12
- Farm DazeEdited on 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsEdited on 6/27/11
- Silkie White By JerseychicksEdited on 1/10/12
- Silkie White By 3 N C Chicken Chick 3Edited on 1/10/12
Leghorns are great egg laying chickens. They are friendly to other Leghorns and can easily fly. The only problems is that they are bad in the pecking order and they can make a mess of the yard....
I will start by saying that I love Australorps. In fact, my very favorite hen is an Australorp. She is such a sweet chicken and just let's you walk right up to her to pick her up. She doesn't run...
I couldn't get this thing to stop leaking. I even tested it by putting it on a flat concrete surface and it still leaked out the entire 2 gallons. Tried hanging it, tried sitting it on the...
seem like a good breed, if i had the room i would probably raise a batch of them they seem like they would be a good 4h starter show bird...considering i dont see many of this breed in my class...
its a feed scooper it cant be perfect but over all when every thing is said an done i love mine its great its starting to show a little wear an tear but its to be expected i have had it for 4...
Silkied Serama - Page 4post #32 of 805/17/12 at 4:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by AinaWGSD
I keep toying with the idea of getting a bantam breed just for pets and tiny eggs. I'm not generally a fan of the more extreme posture of seramas, but some of these little guys are absolutely adorable. I may have to take a second look at them if I ever do decide to take the plunge into the world of tiny chickens!
THERE ARE NO OTHER TINY CHICKENS THAT COMPARE! Seramas are the best!post #33 of 805/18/12 at 11:19ampost #34 of 805/18/12 at 11:22ampost #35 of 805/29/12 at 6:02pmpost #36 of 806/1/12 at 8:43pmpost #37 of 806/2/12 at 8:06ampost #38 of 806/2/12 at 9:10amThread Starterpost #39 of 806/2/12 at 10:23ampost #40 of 806/2/12 at 7:28pm
I'm not entirely sure what you mean. His crow is just the same as the OEGB's, but at a lower volume. Some roosters have funny crows, I wouldn't worry really. Is he very young? When the just start crowing they tend to die out at the end.
- Silkied Serama
- Farm Daze
- › ~The Battle of the Empires~ New RP NEED PLAYERS 1 minute ago
- › BC Marans - I Say Cockerels... My Dad Says Pullets 2 minutes ago
- › Nevadans? 5 minutes ago
- › PayPal/Hatching Eggs/Chicks Swap 5 minutes ago
- › CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread 8 minutes ago
- › Need advice on looking for common diseases and injuries! 9 minutes ago
- › my babies are burnt! 10 minutes ago
- › Incubators Anonymous 12 minutes ago
- › Leghorn, Cornish X or something else? 14 minutes ago
- › water bird bath? 14 minutes ago
- › Leghorn by Chicken Goddess
- › Australorp by chickenman98
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by RentaPig311
- › Aylesbury by cowgirlHH
- › 3 Quart Plastic Feed Scoop - Blue by cowgirlHH
- › Silkie by chickenlover89
- › Speckled Sussex by nova022
- › Little Giant - 3 Gallon Plastic Poultry Waterer - PPF3 by 29PalmsRanch
- › Pullet-Shut Automatic Chicken Door Chickendoors.com by celticgarden
- › Mallard by Zombified
- › I think I am reliving my childhod. My Mother... by skoodo
- › How To Tell Your Chicken's Gender by roostersandhens
- › Processing Day Support Group SUMMARY of THREAD by Sally Sunshine
- › The Lovely Holland Coop by the3littles
- › Cottage Coop De Ville by themorra
- › How to introduce your dog to your chickens... by Kathryn P
- › How to decide if a rooster is right for you! by Kathryn P
- › From citygirl to backyard chicken farmer by Kathie816
- › Teen Babies! A TragicStory (chicken edition) by McCaskill
- › Keeping a rooster or not - pro's and cons by Mr MKK FARMS