BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Chicken Breeds › What Breed Or Gender is This? › Sizzle sexing Boy or girl????
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sizzle sexing Boy or girl???? - Page 4

post #31 of 39


5 months old and the comb is just starting to grow. PLEASE tell me this is a girl! My Silkie was a late bloomer, but bloomed very quickly at around 4.5 months.
post #32 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamidei View Post



5 months old and the comb is just starting to grow. PLEASE tell me this is a girl! My Silkie was a late bloomer, but bloomed very quickly at around 4.5 months.

I'm thinking pullet for now, but I could be wrong. Silkies/Sizzles are extremely hard to sex.

Breeder of Dutch bantams, Wyandotte bantams, and a few exhibition rabbits.

Feel free to ask me questions about chicken and rabbit care, breeds, and showing! I'm always happy to help!

Nature's first green is gold,

Her hardest hue to hold.

Her early leaf's a flower

But only so an hour.

Then leaf subsides to leaf.

So Eden sank to grief,

So dawn goes down to day.

Nothing gold can stay. --Robert Frost

Reply

Breeder of Dutch bantams, Wyandotte bantams, and a few exhibition rabbits.

Feel free to ask me questions about chicken and rabbit care, breeds, and showing! I'm always happy to help!

Nature's first green is gold,

Her hardest hue to hold.

Her early leaf's a flower

But only so an hour.

Then leaf subsides to leaf.

So Eden sank to grief,

So dawn goes down to day.

Nothing gold can stay. --Robert Frost

Reply
post #33 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by BantamLover21 View Post

I'm thinking pullet for now, but I could be wrong. Silkies/Sizzles are extremely hard to sex.
X2
post #34 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtree View Post

X2
Thanks. I know time will tell, it's just so frustrating to go 5 months only to have possible roo characteristics show up. I'm paranoid because of my experience with my black silkie.
post #35 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamidei View Post

Thanks. I know time will tell, it's just so frustrating to go 5 months only to have possible roo characteristics show up. I'm paranoid because of my experience with my black silkie.
I think she's close to laying and that's why her comb is getting bigger and redder. I see no male feathering but if you can get a picture of the whole body and tail feathers that would help.
post #36 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtree View Post

I think she's close to laying and that's why her comb is getting bigger and redder. I see no male feathering but if you can get a picture of the whole body and tail feathers that would help.



Let me know what you think!
post #37 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamidei View Post




Let me know what you think!
I think pullet for sure! She's adorable
post #38 of 39

This is my little frizzled sizzle 10 weeks old. Any ideas on hen or rooster? How can you tell?

post #39 of 39

 I know these are very young, they are 2 weeks old, and from a sizzle hen & silkie rooster,, the first is a smooth sizzle, second possibly a frilkie? 3rd a false silkie ( they all have pink & black patch skin) 4th & 5th sizzles, any one got any hint of an idea as to sex yet?

 

 

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: What Breed Or Gender is This?
BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Chicken Breeds › What Breed Or Gender is This? › Sizzle sexing Boy or girl????