Anyone have experience with ChickHatchery.com? I want to get some Buff Chanteclers and found this website. The name attached to the site is John W Blehm in Birch Run MI.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas Last post on 9/13/16 at 1:28pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE Last post on 1/14/17 at 1:29pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Cashs Blue Eggs and Araucanas Lanae Cash Willits, CA 95490 email@example.com Last post on 12/17/15 at 6:19pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Cochin or Easter egger hatcheries in Pa. ? Last post on 8/22/16 at 8:01pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- ?'s about easter eggers or ameraucanas or araucanas, help Last post on 3/23/16 at 1:54pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! Helpful NOTES LINKS & Informational POST...
Last edited: 1/16/17
- The Lowdown on Red Sex LinksLast edited: 9/14/13
- The Chicken ChapelLast edited: 7/5/13
- The ComedihensLast edited: 4/25/13
- Cloverleaf FarmLast edited: 8/2/12
I was looking for a meat outcross for my EE hens, so I bought 25 Dark Cornish roosters. I raised them together and culled them down (sent to freezer camp) all but 5, then introduced them to my...
I've had several of these chickens. The free rooster I got from the hatchery looks like the one in the main photo. I also have a red one. The hens are all unique. They have the same basic...
I purchased two pullets and a cockerel from a fellow chicken lover. I don't regret it at all. These birds aren't too flighty, and always know when it's time to roost. They are great foragers, but...
We have two pair of these - black and blue. The females are sweet and make good show birds for small children. The lay enormous eggs considering their body size. The males are very agressive as is...
I have had a Bantam Dark Brahma, River Styx, who was as friendly (and as fast) as could be. she would never beat up on other birds or struggle in my arms. My current Brahma bird, India (no, I...
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #2 of 82/4/12 at 6:55pmpost #3 of 82/6/12 at 5:42am
Yes, I have ordered from him before and am quite happy with the Ameraucanas I got from him. I got blacks, silvers, and the remainder were hatchery choice (buffs, wheatens, lavender). You won't regret ordering from him! He also designed his own nest box. 2012 is the last year he's selling chicks, so if you're considering ordering from him, this is it.post #4 of 82/6/12 at 6:42ampost #5 of 82/6/12 at 10:14am
I know he said he was going to focus more on "Fowl Stuff," his line of poultry products. He mentioned it on the ABC forum and told us that the whole chickhatchery.com domain was for sale as well. As I recall, he did say he'd be keeping some of his chickens, but it didn't sound like many.post #6 of 82/6/12 at 10:23ampost #7 of 82/6/12 at 10:23ampost #8 of 82/6/12 at 2:14pm
I know he is not getting any younger so I don't blame him if he wants to cut back a bit.
Quote:Originally Posted by OldChurchEggery1
I know he said he was going to focus more on "Fowl Stuff," his line of poultry products. He mentioned it on the ABC forum and told us that the whole chickhatchery.com domain was for sale as well. As I recall, he did say he'd be keeping some of his chickens, but it didn't sound like many.
- The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
- › *Your Flock* A Roleplay Where You Use Your Birds As Characters 2 minutes ago
- › 2 embryo in 1 egg? Please look at picture 6 minutes ago
- › Lets count to a million 7 minutes ago
- › Illinois... 10 minutes ago
- › Arizona Chickens 11 minutes ago
- › My baby chicken has a cut on his head 12 minutes ago
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 13 minutes ago
- › 3 sided hoop coop vs weather conditions 17 minutes ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 19 minutes ago
- › Yum or Yuck? 19 minutes ago
- › 20 Things i wish i knew before i started...
- › Finally out of the coop!
- › A Portrait of Chicken....Portraits? (Chick...
- › An Experiment in Chick Sexing Methods
- › Poultry Ownership and Dealing with Loss (From...
- › WVduckchick's Ducks!
- › Our Lovely Ducks
- › My Pepper!
- › The little lone chick
- › My best Chicken pics