Related Forum Threads
- almost 2 weeks old...what do you think? Last post on 1/18/12 at 8:50pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Is it to early to guess a gender? Last post on 12/4/12 at 2:36pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help, I can't decide Last post on 1/14/12 at 8:09am in Breeds, Genetics, & Showing
- Crossing Black Australorp Rooster x Splash Orpington Hen = All Blue chicks??? Last post on 4/11/13 at 5:31am in Breeds, Genetics, & Showing
- looking for opinions on breeds Last post on Yesterday at 5:32 am in Breeds, Genetics, & Showing
The Villano Flock
Edited on 2/2/13
- Farm DazeEdited on 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsEdited on 6/27/11
- Wyandotte Silver Laced Wyandotte By Cat1994Edited on 1/10/12
- Wyandotte Silver Laced By CarondesignEdited on 1/10/12
I will start by saying that I love Australorps. In fact, my very favorite hen is an Australorp. She is such a sweet chicken and just let's you walk right up to her to pick her up. She doesn't run...
I couldn't get this thing to stop leaking. I even tested it by putting it on a flat concrete surface and it still leaked out the entire 2 gallons. Tried hanging it, tried sitting it on the...
seem like a good breed, if i had the room i would probably raise a batch of them they seem like they would be a good 4h starter show bird...considering i dont see many of this breed in my class...
its a feed scooper it cant be perfect but over all when every thing is said an done i love mine its great its starting to show a little wear an tear but its to be expected i have had it for 4...
I have one silkie. From the time we got her, she layed 3 eggs a week and was so sweet and friendly! Then, she went broody 3 times in a row But she came back to us just as friendly as the first...
What breed is this and is it boy or girl? - Page 2post #12 of 1311/27/12 at 11:05am
If you look toward the tail the feathers are rounded =hen. If the feathers are pointed/also known as saddle feathers, it will be a Rooster.Wife of one DH, Mom to 3 kids,Silkies,Lt Brahmas, Blk/Wht Jersey Giants, Buttercups, Crevecoeurs, Ameracauna(Easter Eggers),Buff Polish, Barred Rock, Rhode Island Reds, Buff Orpingtons,Jap Bantams, Australorps, Dark Cornish,Leghorns,Black Cayuga ducks,Goats, PILGRIM geese,.How About Them Cowgirls ! ......George StraitWife of one DH, Mom to 3 kids,Silkies,Lt Brahmas, Blk/Wht Jersey Giants, Buttercups, Crevecoeurs, Ameracauna(Easter Eggers),Buff Polish, Barred Rock, Rhode Island Reds, Buff Orpingtons,Jap Bantams, Australorps, Dark Cornish,Leghorns,Black Cayuga ducks,Goats, PILGRIM geese,.How About Them Cowgirls ! ......George Straitpost #13 of 1311/27/12 at 11:58amQuote:
this is an old post ;) but these feathers you are talking about don't start to come in till the bird is 13-15 weeks of age
- What breed is this and is it boy or girl?
- Farm Daze
- › Atomic Powers (OOC) 13 seconds ago
- › Happy Horse Stables RPG 24 seconds ago
- › NEW RP!!~Savannah Survival~RP *Accepting Players!!!* 31 seconds ago
- › The Last Wolves RP 49 seconds ago
- › Do you add supplements and or electrolytes? 1 minute ago
- › silkie sexing 1 minute ago
- › Rouen Duck thread 1 minute ago
- › Silkie thread! 2 minutes ago
- › Are 12 (maybe 13) hens not enough for 2 roosters? 3 minutes ago
- › Maran Assortment coming soon...Newbie needs help 3 minutes ago
- › Australorp by chickenman98
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by RentaPig311
- › Aylesbury by cowgirlHH
- › 3 Quart Plastic Feed Scoop - Blue by cowgirlHH
- › Silkie by chickenlover89
- › Speckled Sussex by nova022
- › Leghorn by DavidKerk
- › Little Giant - 3 Gallon Plastic Poultry Waterer - PPF3 by 29PalmsRanch
- › Pullet-Shut Automatic Chicken Door Chickendoors.com by celticgarden
- › Mallard by Zombified
- › How To Tell Your Chicken's Gender by roostersandhens
- › Processing Day Support Group SUMMARY of THREAD by Sally Sunshine
- › The Lovely Holland Coop by the3littles
- › Cottage Coop De Ville by themorra
- › How to introduce your dog to your chickens... by Kathryn P
- › How to decide if a rooster is right for you! by Kathryn P
- › From citygirl to backyard chicken farmer by Kathie816
- › Teen Babies! A TragicStory (chicken edition) by McCaskill
- › Keeping a rooster or not - pro's and cons by Mr MKK FARMS
- › Rich & Sarah's "Cozy Cochin... by Scifisarah