Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Percentages of different breeds in my crosses Last post on 6/25/15 at 7:51am in Random Ramblings
- Swimming Silkie ?!? Last post on 5/7/15 at 8:03am in Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying
- Showing Silkies question.... Last post on 4/13/16 at 3:24pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Silkie breeding, genetics & showing Last post on 8/13/16 at 5:54pm in Exhibition, Genetics, & Breeding to the Standard of Perfection
- silkies doing well Last post on 6/15/16 at 1:26am in General breed discussions & FAQ
How to Take Your Chicken Photography to a Whole New Level-...
Last edited: 4/13/16
- ChooksChick's Hints for HenthusiastsLast edited: 3/30/13
- growout-pens-broodersLast edited: 1/2/12
- Silkie White By JerseychicksLast edited: 1/10/12
- Silkie White By 3 N C Chicken Chick 3Last edited: 1/10/12
Can't seem to get any tech support. Can't seem to reset it. Alarm was very annoying while trying to figure out why it won't climb to set temps.
I have one specific polish that I have owned for over five years now and she is still my favorite bird. She (and all of the other polish) will perch on my shoulder and will literally act...
My 8 White Leghorn pullets are the friendliest breed I have ever raised. And I have raised quite a few breeds, and some of my breeds include Silkies, EE's, Brahma's, Australorps, etc. But still, my...
I purchased the Premium Chickenguard controller box only about 4 months ago. The motor can handle 2.2lbs and my aluminum door only weight .8lb, which heavy enough to close the door. I purchased...
Very good breed. I have one Buff Brahma pullet named Annika. Like I said up there she's very sweet and gentle towards people butt gets bullied easily by my older hens but she's still a baby so...
Week Old Silkie Question...My silkies dont like me! (PICS) - Page 8
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #72 of 807/31/13 at 6:22ampost #73 of 807/31/13 at 6:51pmpost #74 of 808/8/13 at 10:31amWe have two precious silky girls and they are joys. They sit on our shoulders like parrots and run to my son like he is their parent. But ours are definitely more scared of other things than our big girls. Maybe the silkies in the other post are just more scared not unfriendly?
Hey Miss Silky, if you still need a home for your silky rooster, I've got girls here in Texas who could use a little man:)post #75 of 808/11/13 at 4:55ampost #76 of 802/10/14 at 9:21pm
Hi ,my Mom has a white silkie ! Mom loves her "Gabby Girl". Gabby has been laying eggs , a dozen or so, and now has gone into her brooder mode! Mom is concerned because now she wants to set and isn't much of a pet. Gabby Girl lives in the house , we take her out of her cage to visit with her an let her exercise and eat, but she can"t wait to get back in her cage., to set .,again , on no eggs. I know Silkies are brooders and especially mean when setting . How long will she brood and how often? Is there some way we can break up her brooding mode ? Please help. Moms worried. DarleneDariepost #77 of 806/22/15 at 8:01pmThanks everyone for your great advice on silkies. I'm new to chickens and got my "big girls" in march.
Then3 weeks ago brought home 8 silkie chicks. 2 different batch 3-4 days apart in age.
They do run to the corner of my breeder whenever I reach in to get one but I keep trying anyway.
Hopefully they will get used to me soon.
I still need to figure out How many roos/hens I have so I can name them.post #78 of 8012/19/15 at 10:33pmpost #79 of 8012/19/15 at 10:36pmpost #80 of 803/24/16 at 7:37amI have 2 batches of chicks right now one batch a mixed batch from McMurray almost 4 weeks old. They are the survivors of being overnight at the post office when it was 7 degrees out hardy little chicks although I lost 3/4 of them the first 2 days it was terrible. Anyway I even have my 2 little Egyptians. Eating out of my hand now I would put my hand in with feed in it and eventually all of them started coming and eating out of it . I do however have 2 ee that I suspect to be Roos supposed to be ladies go figure that will have nothing to do with me picking them up. I ended up with 1 ee roo from last years batch and he is an absolute turd face! I have one that her favorite thing in the world is to snuggle under my bathrobe. Then I was in tractor supply about a week ago and they had assorted silkies so we got 6 I am doing the same thing with them hand with food near the food dish. I talk and tweet "whistle" to them when I come and leave the room. I have one that will let me pick it up already at 1 week and the rest will eat out of my hand. They also saw my other babies sitting on my lap so I think that helped. Bigger babies moved to the broader in the barn last night they just got way to big for their box I had to put chicken wire over it by week 2. I was so worried about them. They have their heat lamp hanging about 18 inches from the floor and are pretty much feathered in now. They did fine and are running around doing chickie things. So ya. Be patient. My batch from last year are not afraid of me unless I try to touch them they are almost a year a few will tolerate me petting them and one doesn't like being touched unless she flys on my shoulder. But they sure know I bring the food and crowd around me when I go in the pen. I however was not as hands on with that batch I had just had knee surgery the month before they came so it was hard to climb the stairs to my brooder room.
- ChooksChick's Hints for Henthusiasts
- › *Hidden Nature* A Shapeshifting RP 41 seconds ago
- › Janoel Incubation Experience 1 minute ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 1 minute ago
- › Child At Heart, Monster By Nature (Chat Thread) 1 minute ago
- › BYC Article Writing Contest #8 - Write and Win! 1 minute ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 2 minutes ago
- › Do bears eat chickens?? 2 minutes ago
- › Arkansas folks speak up......... 2 minutes ago
- › FOWL Celebrity Lookalike Contest! Halloween Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/... 3 minutes ago
- › Mixed flock photos 3 minutes ago
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.