I am still new to posting here and this may have already been addressed, so please bear with me. I have been dealing with a tapeworm problem for a little over two months and I need some help.
Just to give you a rundown of everything I have done so far...
I have administered 4 dosing of Valbazen each 10 days apart. After each dosing I clean and wash the coop. I also clean the pen of all droppings daily. After 4 dosing of Valbazen I still had tapeworms, so I gave the girls Zimectrine Gold yesterday. Fingers crossed this will work.
Ok, now to my question,and it may sound silly...
Do I need to worry about them ingesting tapeworm eggs from the ground and getting infested again? I have read so much about tapeworms that I feel like I'm running in circles. I know the information says that they get tapeworms by ingesting an intermediate host, but if they ingest an egg directly won't they become the intermediate host?
If I do need to worry about them ingesting tapeworm eggs from the ground is there anything I can do to treat the ground? From what I read the eggs can survive for years waiting for a host.
Thank you for the help.