New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What are chooks? - Page 8

post #71 of 84

Jonh's Incredible Pizza sounds like a real jip.  My son read about pavlova and vegemite in a little book with an invisible possum by Mem Fox.

Sincerely,

 

Blueferral

 

 

 

Reply

Sincerely,

 

Blueferral

 

 

 

Reply
post #72 of 84

Unfourtunatly, they aren't all like Adriana Lima, but it wouldn't be a bad ideia...  idunno.gif

post #73 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueferral View Post

My son read about pavlova and vegemite in a little book with an invisible possum by Mem Fox.



Possum Magic!

 

My kids have it too. smile.png  Although they are too "old" for it now. hmm.png

Breeding Welsummers and Barnevelders.

 

Having an Icelandic in the coop is like having a 2 year old in the house - they are into everything and don't follow the rules.

I have zero chicken willpower.

 

Join us for the Easter Hatch-a-long!

Reply

Breeding Welsummers and Barnevelders.

 

Having an Icelandic in the coop is like having a 2 year old in the house - they are into everything and don't follow the rules.

I have zero chicken willpower.

 

Join us for the Easter Hatch-a-long!

Reply
post #74 of 84

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Chooks View Post

So, tell me about vegemite?  What the heck is that stuff made of?  I was warned that it was disgusting, so I haven't tried it yet - and I'm game for trying just about anything food wise. 

 

There is a trick to eating vegemite. Make some toast and remember you need to put on about 3 X as much butter as vegemite. Spread the butter on thick... then just a tiny bit of vegemite. It's salty and yummy that way.. but probably nothing like you have ever tried before on toast!

 

and what the heck is Chuck E Cheese? 

 

"There is a place. Like no place on Earth. A land full of wonder, mystery, and danger! Some say to survive it: You need to be as mad as a hatter....Which luckily I am"

- Lewis Carroll (Alice in Wonderland)

 

Reply

"There is a place. Like no place on Earth. A land full of wonder, mystery, and danger! Some say to survive it: You need to be as mad as a hatter....Which luckily I am"

- Lewis Carroll (Alice in Wonderland)

 

Reply
post #75 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaK View Post

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Chooks View Post

So, tell me about vegemite?  What the heck is that stuff made of?  I was warned that it was disgusting, so I haven't tried it yet - and I'm game for trying just about anything food wise. 

 

There is a trick to eating vegemite. Make some toast and remember you need to put on about 3 X as much butter as vegemite. Spread the butter on thick... then just a tiny bit of vegemite. It's salty and yummy that way.. but probably nothing like you have ever tried before on toast!

 

and what the heck is Chuck E Cheese? 

 


Thanks for the tip on the vegemite.

 

As for Chuck E Cheese - it's a business designed to empty parent's wallets.  Kids play video games for tickets, then can use their tickets to buy cheap toys.  They do birthday parties too, so they can empty your wallet faster.

http://www.chuckecheese.com/the-experience/entertainment.php

 

 

Breeding Welsummers and Barnevelders.

 

Having an Icelandic in the coop is like having a 2 year old in the house - they are into everything and don't follow the rules.

I have zero chicken willpower.

 

Join us for the Easter Hatch-a-long!

Reply

Breeding Welsummers and Barnevelders.

 

Having an Icelandic in the coop is like having a 2 year old in the house - they are into everything and don't follow the rules.

I have zero chicken willpower.

 

Join us for the Easter Hatch-a-long!

Reply
post #76 of 84
oh ok so it's like time zone here.
post #77 of 84
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Chooks View Post


Thanks for the tip on the vegemite.

 

As for Chuck E Cheese - it's a business designed to empty parent's wallets.  Kids play video games for tickets, then can use their tickets to buy cheap toys.  They do birthday parties too, so they can empty your wallet faster.

http://www.chuckecheese.com/the-experience/entertainment.php

 

 


lau.gif

 

Jesus is the ONE AND ONLY WAY! that whosever believes in Him, shall not perish, but have everlasting life in Him! With Jesus, In heaven, walking in the streets of gold! 

for we walk by faith not by sight. 

The farm blog: http://crownranchmo.com/WordPress/

 

Reply

Jesus is the ONE AND ONLY WAY! that whosever believes in Him, shall not perish, but have everlasting life in Him! With Jesus, In heaven, walking in the streets of gold! 

for we walk by faith not by sight. 

The farm blog: http://crownranchmo.com/WordPress/

 

Reply
post #78 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingrancher View Post



Hens under 1 year of age are pullets and hens over 1 year old are called biddies.

 

LOL That's why my grandmother used to call other elderly women that she had problems with "old biddies." 

post #79 of 84

I know this thread is from a while ago, but it is great!!

 

yesss.gif

Wife and Mom of 2 girls, 1 Llama, 2 Goats, 2 Miniature Horses, 7 Hens and 6 pullets!

 

 

 

"I have many regrets, and I'm sure everyone does. The stupid things you do, you regret... if you have any sense, and if you don't regret them, maybe you're stupid." - Katharine Hepburn

Reply

Wife and Mom of 2 girls, 1 Llama, 2 Goats, 2 Miniature Horses, 7 Hens and 6 pullets!

 

 

 

"I have many regrets, and I'm sure everyone does. The stupid things you do, you regret... if you have any sense, and if you don't regret them, maybe you're stupid." - Katharine Hepburn

Reply
post #80 of 84

I thought biddy was because they stand around chatting and clucking like old biddies when they're older.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Raising Baby Chicks