My first hatch was my "learning" hatch, it was also an emergency hatch(lost my Br roo, and wanted to "set" some of his progeny b4 the hens went sterile). Started out in a homemade cooler incubator with an incandescent bulb. The eggs spent two weeks in it, then it went supernova, and I thought I cooked the babies. Rushed to TSC, grabbed an LG incubator. Kept humidity between 60 and 70% in both. Out of the twelve i started with, eight went into lockdown (two of those were unsure). Six hatched, two with assistance. Babies are half grown now, and doing well.
This time I tried the dry method. It was a huge FAIL. Five OE's. Used an auto turner, and bought another LG for strictly hatching. Humidity level in incubator stayed right around 30%, dropped to 25% at times. Moved them to the hatching 'bator for lockdown, at roughly 65% humidity. On hatch day, four stopped rocking. The day after hatch date, the 5th one stopped rocking. No pips at all. Eggtopsied the last egg to quit. Almost half the shell was empty space (upper half). Never pipped internally. I hope I increased the humidity level(roughly 55%) in this next batch in time to get a good hatch. I have some shipped eggs(Wellie and SLW's) in it along with some FBCM's, more OE's, and Silkies. Due to hatch Mar. 10.