i have way to many threads and want to get rid of some, actually, a lot. most of them i've only posted once in or they were a contest that ended. so, please help.
How can i delete threads on my profile
You can't delete your own threads. I believe Moderators have that ability so you could try PMing one of them.
We can't edit or delete threads from the profile, either. We can delete a thread from the forum, but this is not something that is done just on request, because it is old or completed, etc. We do it because there is some reason that it is better for BYC that it be removed.
Happiness is when you can look at your chickens and smile....
Worry is interest paid on trouble before it comes due.
Flockwatching my little bunch of mutts, a favorite pastime.
Why do you want to "get rid" of them?
Is it an issue of being subscribed to them? If you're not subscribed to them, you may never even come across them again, which is kinda like getting rid of them. You can go into your subscriptions and edit the settings in pretty fine detail.
Yes, it kind of is. You should see my email list. i tried to unsubrscribe but i couldn't get it. It seems really simple.
When you say you "couldn't" unsubsribe, please provide more details that will help us find, duplicate, and hopefully resolve the problem:
• Did you receive any error messages? if yes, what were they (please copy and paste the entire message, screenshots are best)?
• What were the exact steps you took before having the problem? Please be as specific as possible so we can do exactly what you did.
• Which browser and version are you using (eg., Firefox 3.5.9, Internet Explorer 7, etc.)
• Have you logged out, deleted your internet cache, logged back in, and tried again?
• Have you tried a different browser?
Once you unsubscribe from an item you should definitely not receive emails any more. Unsubscribing is a pretty easy process: http://www.backyardchickens.com/a/subscription-tutorial (specifically the "Edit Your Subscriptions" section)
Well, it didn't have any errors and my computer is constantly freezing. the internet will shut down as well. So nothing really works. a relative sent it out to be cleaned back in january and it hasn't worked properly since. i'm thinking that's the problem. I'll have to try logging out and back in.