I know...one think about baby chicks: they spend most of their time sleeping, but they never lie down. Just flop over .
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Cochin or Easter egger hatcheries in Pa. ? Last post on 1/27/13 at 11:06am in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Black Langshan? Cochin X Australorp? Help me ID my new hen, please? :) Last post on 5/16/13 at 11:29am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Which one of these is most freindly/ your favorite? Last post on 5/3/13 at 4:33pm in Breeds, Genetics, & Showing
- ?'s about straight combs Last post on 3/2/12 at 8:35pm in Breeds, Genetics, & Showing
- my pekin cochin chicks Last post on 7/7/12 at 8:19pm in Pictures & Stories of My Chickens
Edited on 1/23/12
- The ComedihensEdited on 4/25/13
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsEdited on 6/27/11
- Cochin Black By Liberty Hill HenEdited on 1/10/12
- Cochin SplashEdited on 1/10/12
I will start by saying that I love Australorps. In fact, my very favorite hen is an Australorp. She is such a sweet chicken and just let's you walk right up to her to pick her up. She doesn't run...
I couldn't get this thing to stop leaking. I even tested it by putting it on a flat concrete surface and it still leaked out the entire 2 gallons. Tried hanging it, tried sitting it on the...
seem like a good breed, if i had the room i would probably raise a batch of them they seem like they would be a good 4h starter show bird...considering i dont see many of this breed in my class...
its a feed scooper it cant be perfect but over all when every thing is said an done i love mine its great its starting to show a little wear an tear but its to be expected i have had it for 4...
I have one silkie. From the time we got her, she layed 3 eggs a week and was so sweet and friendly! Then, she went broody 3 times in a row But she came back to us just as friendly as the first...
I'm finally a momma!!!! *Pic heavy* New Px Pg6 - Page 2post #12 of 793/17/12 at 5:50pmThread Starter
Ahhhhh I hate to go to work tomorrow and leave them!!! Luckily tomorrow is a short shift, only 5 hours.
Maybe I could sneak them to work in my bra...post #13 of 793/17/12 at 6:20pm
So cute! I've never gotten to have chicks, I can't right now because our coop isn't big enough.
Due to a little thing called chicken math, we now have 9 hens, about a year ago, we only started out with two! Our ladies nicknamed "the big hens" are Lacey (Speckled Sussex), Lilly (BLR Wyandotte), Maizie (ISA Brown), Molly (Very Grumpy Barnevelder), Juliet (Silver Penciled Wyandotte), Delilah (Very Grumpy Welsummer), and the latest addition Lucy (Very Bossy Barred Rock). Last but not...
Due to a little thing called chicken math, we now have 9 hens, about a year ago, we only started out with two! Our ladies nicknamed "the big hens" are Lacey (Speckled Sussex), Lilly (BLR Wyandotte), Maizie (ISA Brown), Molly (Very Grumpy Barnevelder), Juliet (Silver Penciled Wyandotte), Delilah (Very Grumpy Welsummer), and the latest addition Lucy (Very Bossy Barred Rock). Last but not...post #14 of 793/17/12 at 7:25pmpost #15 of 793/17/12 at 7:27pm
Aaaaww Gratz! They are super cute!
Husband - Eric, 4 Daughters - Shamera, Piper, Jocelyn & Tilly, 3 Dogs - Hank, Zangar & Penny, Cat - Junior (Mentally Handicapped) and 3 Chicks- Nugget, Mumble & Cinnamon.
Husband - Eric, 4 Daughters - Shamera, Piper, Jocelyn & Tilly, 3 Dogs - Hank, Zangar & Penny, Cat - Junior (Mentally Handicapped) and 3 Chicks- Nugget, Mumble & Cinnamon.post #16 of 793/17/12 at 7:45pmThread Starterpost #17 of 793/17/12 at 8:36pm
Oh my lord how cute!!!!! i love the little yellow one..looks just like the golden goose chick from puss in boots! I just wanna snuggle with them! I wish i had the space in my backyard to have a great chicken coop with lots of cute little chicks! Your so lucky! My silkie chick Penny is growing up so fast everyday i miss when she or he was a little fluff ball. I hope they dont grow up too fast so you can have the time to enjoy them while they are this young! Good luck and have fun with the little cotton balls, New momma!post #18 of 793/17/12 at 10:10pm
So cute! I have chicks due to hatch in 8 days. I'm really exited!!!!!
I've got 2 cats, Dyllen and Star. I have 17 chickens; 3 BLRW, 3 mutts, 2 EEs, 2 White Rock roosters, 1 RIR, 1 White Leghorn, 1 Red Star, 1 Golden Campine, 1 unknown hen, 1 Partridge cochin, and 1 Golden Polish. I also have 1 Swedish/Black Indian Runner laying on 8 eggs.
I've got 2 cats, Dyllen and Star. I have 17 chickens; 3 BLRW, 3 mutts, 2 EEs, 2 White Rock roosters, 1 RIR, 1 White Leghorn, 1 Red Star, 1 Golden Campine, 1 unknown hen, 1 Partridge cochin, and 1 Golden Polish. I also have 1 Swedish/Black Indian Runner laying on 8 eggs.post #19 of 793/18/12 at 1:00am
- I'm finally a momma!!!! *Pic heavy* New Px Pg6
- The Comedihens
- › *sigh* I'm loosing my touch. (Warning: Hi-jacked by Em) 2 seconds ago
- › Which Red Chicken? 5 seconds ago
- › Swedish Flower Hen Thread 23 seconds ago
- › Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread 28 seconds ago
- › ~Survive the Wild~ Chicken RP! 32 seconds ago
- › Happy Horse Stables RPG 33 seconds ago
- › Choosing a rooster 42 seconds ago
- › --Happy Houdan's Chat Thread-- 42 seconds ago
- › sick hen 47 seconds ago
- › ~The Battle of the Empires~ New RP NEED PLAYERS 51 seconds ago
- › Australorp by chickenman98
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by RentaPig311
- › Aylesbury by cowgirlHH
- › 3 Quart Plastic Feed Scoop - Blue by cowgirlHH
- › Silkie by chickenlover89
- › Speckled Sussex by nova022
- › Leghorn by DavidKerk
- › Little Giant - 3 Gallon Plastic Poultry Waterer - PPF3 by 29PalmsRanch
- › Pullet-Shut Automatic Chicken Door Chickendoors.com by celticgarden
- › Mallard by Zombified
- › How To Tell Your Chicken's Gender by roostersandhens
- › Processing Day Support Group SUMMARY of THREAD by Sally Sunshine
- › The Lovely Holland Coop by the3littles
- › Cottage Coop De Ville by themorra
- › How to introduce your dog to your chickens... by Kathryn P
- › How to decide if a rooster is right for you! by Kathryn P
- › From citygirl to backyard chicken farmer by Kathie816
- › Teen Babies! A TragicStory (chicken edition) by McCaskill
- › Keeping a rooster or not - pro's and cons by Mr MKK FARMS
- › Rich & Sarah's "Cozy Cochin... by Scifisarah