Chicken coop check list
1. predators "Know your predators" then proof your coop
2. 10 inches of rooster bar space per bird
3. 4 Sq feet feeding
4. 3-4 sq feet per bird in the hen house
5. vents that open and close / cross breeze the best
6. windows lots of them
7. roost bars 2 1/2 inches OD limbs work the best with bark in place
8. Roof, build to with stand wind and snow load.
9. wiring for lights and outlets
10. clean out door
11. flock door
12. hen boxes, 1 box for every 3-4 hens.
13. build so you can winterize it
14. the right coop for your flock, portable Vs stationary
15. Build so that you can add on to it or be able to sell and start over
16. reminder... it cost two as must as you think
17.make it nice, chicken coops do not have to be ugly!
18. build it for chickens as well for your self, at some point you will need
to clean it and will need to get inside of it