Wow, tons of great advice guys!
We are about halfway done the coop after this weekend, and will continue working on it. We already made one mistake by failing to think about the fact that we'd have to level the ground where the coop will be, LOL That ate up a little time, but not much. Other than that, we are doing okay so far I think.
I dont really agree with the whole "dont buy the chicks until the coop is built" concept. If I cant build a coop, in an already erected run, in 6 weeks (which is how long I'll have to wait in total before my chicks can go outside.) Id have to be retarded! Im a grown woman for heavens sake, and I can make the pretty obvious connection between properly caring for and housing ANY animal in my care, and respond adequatly regardless of errors or unexpected mishaps. I have 6 other high maintenance animals under my care that have not suffered as a result of my decision making skills, so I imagine the chicks waiting for thier coop wont be any different. LOL