This morning my hen was eating and and drinking a lot and then she just randomly spit up this clear and white goo. Is she ok? Was it something she ate? Please Respond.
Here's this thing if it helps:
1) What type of bird , age and weight --> Orpington, approx. 1 yr., approx. 3-4 lb.
2) What is the behavior, exactly. --> Spitting up goo after eating and drinking
3) How long has the bird been exhibiting symptoms? --> Since yesterday
4) Are other birds exhibiting the same symptoms? --> Not that I know of
5) Is there any bleeding, injury, broken bones or other sign of trauma. --> No
6) What happened, if anything that you know of, that may have caused the situation. --> Not sure
7) What has the bird been eating and drinking, if at all. --> Eating and drinking a lot.
8) How does the poop look? Normal? Bloody? Runny? etc. --> Normal mostly, occasional runny
9) What has been the treatment you have administered so far? --> None
10 ) What is your intent as far as treatment? For example, do you want to treat completely yourself, or do you need help in stabilizing the bird til you can get to a vet? --> Myself
11) If you have a picture of the wound or condition, please post it. It may help. --> Sorry, no pics
12) Describe the housing/bedding in use --> Pine shavings in a 6 ft. by 4 ft. raised coop
Edited by rachelrulz - 3/27/12 at 3:47pm