BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Raising BackYard Chickens › Pictures & Stories of My Chickens › The Diva Photo Shoot!!!! My Chicken Children.......
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Diva Photo Shoot!!!! My Chicken Children....... - Page 2

post #11 of 54
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CochinBrahmaLover View Post



lol, well dont get attachted to those, sorry about your roosters, sexers arent always accurate hugs.gif

 

 

still, they may be an early bloomer hen hu.gif


What is it that makes them look like Roos? I'm trying to learn smile.png

We were only gonna keep 6 to begin with but it seems like we got a little ripped off. How can they be THAT wrong?

Married to MarcBinNC, 4 Kids, 3 Cats, 6 Wyandotte Chickens and tons of chicks.

 

Want to join in the fun? Check out www.talkingchickenscratch.com

Reply

Married to MarcBinNC, 4 Kids, 3 Cats, 6 Wyandotte Chickens and tons of chicks.

 

Want to join in the fun? Check out www.talkingchickenscratch.com

Reply
post #12 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenWifey View Post


What is it that makes them look like Roos? I'm trying to learn smile.png
We were only gonna keep 6 to begin with but it seems like we got a little ripped off. How can they be THAT wrong?


Well the combs are VERY red for 3 week olds, hens usually have orange combs, at least for a long time

 

when they get old you will start to see sickle feathers (curly green pretty feathers) and pointed saddle feathers

post #13 of 54
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CochinBrahmaLover View Post



Well the combs are VERY red for 3 week olds, hens usually have orange combs, at least for a long time

 

when they get old you will start to see sickle feathers (curly green pretty feathers) and pointed saddle feathers



Forgive my newbie ness. Green feathers? Where are saddle feathers? Thank u so much for helping me with this

Married to MarcBinNC, 4 Kids, 3 Cats, 6 Wyandotte Chickens and tons of chicks.

 

Want to join in the fun? Check out www.talkingchickenscratch.com

Reply

Married to MarcBinNC, 4 Kids, 3 Cats, 6 Wyandotte Chickens and tons of chicks.

 

Want to join in the fun? Check out www.talkingchickenscratch.com

Reply
post #14 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenWifey View Post


Forgive my newbie ness. Green feathers? Where are saddle feathers? Thank u so much for helping me with this


lol, hold your horses im uploading pictures :)

its alright, I always had a knack for knowing things before i knew them myself! so sorry if i assume you know something and you dont

post #15 of 54
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by froggiesheins View Post

Well I am gonna throw in my two cents......
Chickies 1,5,6,7,8,11,13.14 ...pullets
chickies 15,4 roo
chickies 2,3,9,10, iffy
NOW I will be curious to see how these sweeties look in a few weeks...love.gif


Thank u for your " two cents " wink.png

I can definatley see 15 being a roo.

I will definatley load everyone up with more cuteness as the next few weeks pass. I love taking pics!

Married to MarcBinNC, 4 Kids, 3 Cats, 6 Wyandotte Chickens and tons of chicks.

 

Want to join in the fun? Check out www.talkingchickenscratch.com

Reply

Married to MarcBinNC, 4 Kids, 3 Cats, 6 Wyandotte Chickens and tons of chicks.

 

Want to join in the fun? Check out www.talkingchickenscratch.com

Reply
post #16 of 54

Okay wellt he SD card aint working, sorry, but i did get some pics

 

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzzHaH2mZe_ycTVqPFW0rsk5p-5jw-5cvTfeZBQ7GCZVpfQadLRD6IWmmA

so those curly feathers are sickle feathers, in the light they usually shine green

they also have the hen feathers, the straight ones, but the sickle feathers usually cover them up

d32351f4_banjo2.jpeg

well this is a drawing but its an Ohiki, they have long sickle feathers and those white feathers that start off red are saddle feathers, Ohiki's are a long tail, when they are breed so they're tails and saddle feathers are longer, so wyandottes wont be this long but they will be obvious

also the feathers around his neck, hackle feathers, only roosters have ones that are pointed, also on hens they're saddle feathers will be pointed

GBCarefootsChocPartrM.JPEGthis is a Wyandotte rooster, so you can get an idea

post #17 of 54

any more questions? im very willing to answer even the stupidest of questions LOL

post #18 of 54
Thread Starter 
# 7 is my favorite, she/ he loves the camera and always follows the lens, that one has a great personality.

Once we pick out the 6 we are keeping, would you all help me name them? I'm so bad naming my pets. I could use some good ideas. I do wanna name one nugget though. I think that would be cute smile.png

I have 3 cats. I let the kids name them. They are Stormy, Milkshake, and Bacon, lol.

Married to MarcBinNC, 4 Kids, 3 Cats, 6 Wyandotte Chickens and tons of chicks.

 

Want to join in the fun? Check out www.talkingchickenscratch.com

Reply

Married to MarcBinNC, 4 Kids, 3 Cats, 6 Wyandotte Chickens and tons of chicks.

 

Want to join in the fun? Check out www.talkingchickenscratch.com

Reply
post #19 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenWifey View Post


Thank u for your " two cents " wink.png
I can definatley see 15 being a roo.
I will definatley load everyone up with more cuteness as the next few weeks pass. I love taking pics!


yeah we have some 8 week old cochins, 2 cockerals and 2 hens and a brahma hen, I would show you my cochin Splash, whose saddle feathers are VERY rounded like a hens should be, and our cockeral Danny who has red comb also Wlf who has red comb and wattles, our hen Oleo  whose saddle feathers arent really rounded but she IS a hen

post #20 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenWifey View Post

# 7 is my favorite, she/ he loves the camera and always follows the lens, that one has a great personality.
Once we pick out the 6 we are keeping, would you all help me name them? I'm so bad naming my pets. I could use some good ideas. I do wanna name one nugget though. I think that would be cute smile.png
I have 3 cats. I let the kids name them. They are Stormy, Milkshake, and Bacon, lol.


LOL

 

well i have a hen named Oleo cause shes butter color, a buff orpington named Nugget (lol) but shes also called Opal, a hen named Coco Puff and a rooster named Gryphon

Gryphon is a golden duckwing OEGB mix, who has good saddle feathers and hackle feathers and sickle feathers, wish I could show you

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Raising BackYard Chickens › Pictures & Stories of My Chickens › The Diva Photo Shoot!!!! My Chicken Children.......