I am planning on getting five Sussex hens plus one Sussex rooster (all of the large variety). However, I would like to know:
1. The minimum total roost length required.
2. The minimum roost diameter required (we have 2" by 3" beams lying around - will they do if I i round off their corners?).
3. The minimum distance from roost to wall, roost to ceiling, plus roost to roost.
4. The maximum height of the roost.
5. The minimum length of side of nest, width of nest, and height of nest.
6. Minimum number of nests (will two do? I do not plan on letting the hens brood).
7. Minimum with of poop board - how far from the roost does it have to protrude?
Sussex are a large breed. Here are their weights from Wikipedia:
|Cock||4.1 kg||9 lbs|
|Hen||3.2 kg||7 lbs|
|Cockerel||3.4 kg||7.5 lbs|
|Pullet||2.7 kg||5.9 lbs|
Thank you! / Henrik