Thanks for the note, we take copyright violations very seriously. Usually here is the process we suggest:
- Try contacting the person and kindly ask them to remove the picture. 95.49% of the time this works
- If they don't, tell them you'll be contacting the admin of the place that they posted the image (if on BYC, the BYC staff, if on a blog, the blog host, etc.)
- If they still don't respond, contact the admin / support of the service provider
When BYC get's copyright violation notifications; e.g., "Someone took my picture and posted it on BYC as their own." We do the following:
- Verify that the image is the same one (you'd be surprised how often one SLW picture looks like someone else's)
- Verify that the person making the claim is indeed the owner of the image
- Contact the violator and ask them to remove it
- If no reply, we remove it ourselves and may take action to ban the member's access to our community
In this case it sounds like the picture was copied from BYC to another location. Unfortunately in these situations it is out of our jurisdiction and we have no access to their system (blog, website, etc.) to remove the items.
Again, hopefully just contacting the person directly (via PM is fine) will quickly take care of the issue.