Does anyone else have an albino rouen?
I acquired a small flock of 8 juvenile rouens. They matured and last July naturally hatched ducklings. 2 of the 8 were bright yellow...unlike the rest who looked like normal rouens. One of the yellow ones died. The remaining yellow one was rejected by the mama so we brought it indoors to raise by hand. Eventually he decided he wanted to rejoin the flock and all is well. We now have 8 eggs in the incubator, the girls have a secret nest outside somewhere and I am curious to see how many more albino rouens we will get.
Before you ask:
YES, I am SURE he is a rouen. I only have rouens.
NO, it isn't possible that another domestic duck bred his mama, no one else has domestic ducks in my area.
1) Freddie, just minutes after I found him on the chicken house floor. There is blood on his bill where his mother attacked him and tried to kill him.
2) Freddie's mama and siblings
3) Freddie at the pond
4) Freddie in his Duck Diaper before he went AWOL
5) Freddie's room (Kid wading pool with hardware cloth "fence")
6) Freddie with the family at the pond. He is 100% outdoors now and no longer a house duck (by his choosing!)