I have been reading, reading, reading BYC forums to the point my husband is saying "Are you on there AGAIN!?" so I thought it was time to take part in the fun!
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I grew up with chickens and am a 4-H Alum (althought I did not show chickens). Both of my grannies used their flocks to feed their families.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
In our adult flock we have 1 Easter Egger, 1 Barred Rock (both hens); 2 Banties, & are fostering some guinea's for my mom, although I think they are here to stay. In the junior section we have 5 Silkies, 4 Welsummers, and 3 Marans.
(3) What breeds do you have?
Oops, already answered--I am hoping to get some blue wheaten amerecaunas and some greenfire breda's sometime. I love any sort of banty--they are just so personable.
(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Photography and reading.
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Our house is ruled by our 2 dogs and 3 cats--I keep teasing my husband that the chickens can roost along the back of the couch, bwwaaahahaha!