I bought 6 Brahma eggs online - when they arrived two were cracked, but the others were fine so I let them set overnight and put them in the incubator the next day - which was the 31st of March (apparently you count that as day 0 so that should make today day 24 of incubation?)
I candled around day 8, and around day 14 and found one clear egg so I threw it away. Another egg seemed to start developing and then died - so I threw that one away as well.
I stopped turning at day 18 as I should, and upped the humidity - it was reaching around 70%
The temperature in my incubator was pretty much constant between 34.7 and 38.7 - it's a still air incubator. One of the members of my household doesn't seem to grasp the idea of lock down though and did open the bator repeatedly - humidity wasn't a problem but I know that made some temperature fluctuations
I assumed by day 22 they must have died as there was no movement or sound at all so I candled them to be sure and I saw movement in both. But today there is still no sign so I'm wondering what to do and how long to wait. I've heard they can hatch late for larger breeds such as orpingtons and if there's been any temperature drops.
Any ideas ):
Edited by Esempy - 4/24/12 at 2:12am