1. They all survived very well coming from Ca. to Wa - with a heat pack - (3 total mailed to me)
2. New ducklings peep they don't quack
3. Dipping their bills in the water right at first really does get them to drink
4. They really do love water - the cardboard box is doomed!
Day 2 -
1. They don't like having their leg bands cut off - but it's easy to see that that was a necessity
2. If you put water in their brooder - you can't use a cardboard box!!!
3. Now in a cement mixer tub - wood shavings and food at one end - drinking water and "pond" at the other end is working
4. Using a 3-4" deep plastic container filled with water - they are frolicking and diving and having a great time
5. Changing their water is going to be a frequent event - indiscriminate poopers
6. Great YouTube video from Metzer Farms (where I got my darlings) on sexing ducklings
7. They seem to not like it as hot as the chicks do
8.. Make sure they have plenty of drinking water as they seem to use it to help the crumbles go down
What a treat it is to have these darling creatures!!!