(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
We had chickens growing up but we gave them away when my mother died in 1985. I was in the store the other day and they had baby chicks in there. WHAT WAS I THINKING? ha ha
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I have one baby Silkie, two Bandys, two leghorns and two Golden Buffs and one "erica"? (it is supposed to lay green eggs).
(3) What breeds do you have? see above, I want to raise Silkies but am waiting to get more of them. I have the others for the eggs.
(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
I found it when I was searching the net
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
travel and history
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I am a retired contractor (I had a stroke) and our family dog died 2 years ago, no other pets, just alot of wild animals that are making themselves too comfortable in my yard. I need another dog. ha ha