This BYC contest is brought to you by our sponsors.
Please visit them and thank them for their support of BYC
Get those digital cameras out and scan those plans you wrote on the back of your chick starter receipt. Throw them together with a great write up and you could be a winner! (okay... everyone on BYC is a winner... you'd just be a super coop page contest winner!)
This is a contest to see who can create the best coop page for BYC. We define the "best coop page" to mean pages with the most information, pictures, plans, details, etc. that will be very helpful to others who want to build a coop. We don't care if your coop was made out of recycled pallets and was made in 2 days, or if it was made out of the highest grade materials, took 5 months, and is a scale model of the Taj Mahal. We want helpful and informative pages!
The winner of the contest will get a $20 Gift Certificate for the BYC Store!
You'll be using the BYC Page & Article Creation Tool to design your pages and creating a page here: http://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/2/Coop_Designs
Deadline: The deadline will be based on the number of submissions we receive and how quickly we get them. Usually we wait for at least 20 - 30 submissions. Once we get "enough" we'll give everyone at least 1 week notice before the contest ends so they can put final touches on their submissions. Contest ends 8/13/2012
Things to include in your page:
- Start with a finished coop picture at the top of your page
- Have a write-up of how you built your coop. Include any information you think would be helpful to other people who may want to build a similar coop.
- If you have them, include designs & plans you used to build your coop.
- Pictures of your coop as it was being constructed.
- Finished pictures of your coop.
- A list of things you want to change or add to your coop.
- Additional information about what you learned, what you'd do differently the next time, and any other tips for potential coop builders.
To increase your chances of winning the contest, make sure it has as many of the elements above in as much detail as possible! Here are some additional hints to help you win the contest:
1) Follow the format of some of the existing coop pages.
2) The more details and pictures the better!
3) Plans plans plans. Very few coop designs have plans available. If you post plans (rough or detailed) of your coop you'll get bonus points for sure!
4) Pictures - We all love lots of big beautiful and helpful pictures!
5) Remember, this is a contest for the most helpful coop build page and not the best looking coop.
IMPORTANT RULE: ALL pictures MUST be uploaded to BYC and not hosted on other sites like Photobucket, personal websites, etc.
We expect to add all of the pages submitted to the coop design page of BYC, but the best will win the contest.
TO ENTER THE CONTEST:
- Navigate to the "coop designs" section of the site.
- Scroll below the thumbnails of coops and to the middle left of the page you will see a button for "Add a Coop Design" Click that button and give the page a title.
- Create a very helpful page with lots of pictures and information.
- Reply to this thread with a link to your coop page you created.
- Have Fun!
NOTE: If you're one of those modest types and want to add your coop to the site but don't want to enter the contest, that is fine. We'd still love to have your pictures posted to a BYC page and a link to your page posted in this thread... the more coop designs the better!
To get your coop page on the Index of coops pages of BYC:
1) Create a coop page following the steps above
2) Reply to this thread with a link to your coop
3) Wait for the contest to end
Please keep in mind that adding coops to our coop index is a long and manual process, so we tend to do them all at once and at the end of the contest.
We look forward to seeing your coop pages, pictures, and information!!