My Plucker only cost me 79 dollars. I didn't like the way they have it set up so you have to buy $500 worth of parts to put your chicken plucker together, but i loved the idea of how it worked. So i got my 150 plucking fingers for $69 on ebay and a plastic drum for $10 at a local junk store. But this is the twist we had an old brush hog that no longer worked properly. We removed the blades and cut the brush hog unite in half with a cutting torch. Mounted the PTO unite up side down on the brush hog unite. Next I made the drum assembly with the fingers. We cut the bottom of the drum out and drilled hole for the fingers. We mounted the bottom plate with the fingers to the steel plate that the brush hog cutter blades had been mounted to. attached the plate to the PTO unite that was mounted upside down. Next we welded angle iron uprights to attach the drum with the fingers to. We hooked the PTO unite to the tractor and crossed our fingers it would work. I told my husband "fire it up" lets see what she dose. It worked perfect!. Finally to see if it would pluck chickens like the way i had seen plucker's do on Youtube. So i heated the water for scalding to 155 degrees, killed the 2 Cornish cross, let them drain, scalded them for 15 secs. Told my husband "fire it up" I tossed 2 birds in for 60sec our birds were plucked clean.
Took about 2 hours to assemble the plucker.
It took 1 hour to pluck and clean 25 birds not bad.
I will post pic later it was to dark to take good pics.
Edited by Thunderboltt - 5/3/12 at 5:47am